Deepin V20 Control Center
Tofloor
poster avatar
edson1967
deepin
2020-10-31 06:12
Author

Hello Deepin Team

Does the control center not detect the manually installed Firefox browser?
What is the way to enter it manually? Is there a possibility of correction so that any Linux application installed manually is detected by the control center?

Note: I'm having trouble installing gif images. Does the new forum not accept images from Imgur with a BBcode img link?

The new Deepin forum no longer exists, is there an option to revise the post before sending it?

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
derekuang
deepin
2020-10-31 06:16

真外国友人?

Reply View the author
edson1967
deepin
2020-10-31 06:24
derekuang

真外国友人?

And for what reason would he be an enemy? I'm brazilian [嘻嘻]

Reply View the author
SamLukeYes
deepin
2020-10-31 06:48
derekuang

真外国友人?

Of course,这可是发在国际区的帖子

Reply View the author
忘记、过去
2020-10-31 06:55
edson1967

And for what reason would he be an enemy? I'm brazilian [嘻嘻]

What he means is that whether you are a real foreigner or just a Chinese speaking in English, because someone else just report exact the same bug early this morning in Chinese......[开心]

If you installed it with a deb, you can try to find the desktop entry file of FireFox Broswer in /usr/share/applications/ and see if its "MineType=" is correct. It should be similar to Goole Chrome......

But if you installed FireFox manually, you should create a desktop entry file for it, and remember to write "MimeType=" for it. This file should be put in /usr/share/applications/ or ~/.local/share/applications/.

Then try to add it in dde-control-center again and see if it works.

Reply View the author
edson1967
deepin
2020-10-31 07:29
忘记、过去

What he means is that whether you are a real foreigner or just a Chinese speaking in English, because someone else just report exact the same bug early this morning in Chinese......[开心]

If you installed it with a deb, you can try to find the desktop entry file of FireFox Broswer in /usr/share/applications/ and see if its "MineType=" is correct. It should be similar to Goole Chrome......

But if you installed FireFox manually, you should create a desktop entry file for it, and remember to write "MimeType=" for it. This file should be put in /usr/share/applications/ or ~/.local/share/applications/.

Then try to add it in dde-control-center again and see if it works.

Hi

The option even exists and can be registered normally, but is marked as invalid. 

Does that make a difference?

Reply View the author
忘记、过去
2020-10-31 09:23
edson1967

Hi

The option even exists and can be registered normally, but is marked as invalid. 

Does that make a difference?

Well, actually I don't know...... But it is working now......[开心]

Maybe next time you should try to install firefox with deb, and see if there is any difference.

Reply View the author
edson1967
deepin
2020-10-31 10:40
忘记、过去

Well, actually I don't know...... But it is working now......[开心]

Maybe next time you should try to install firefox with deb, and see if there is any difference.

Hello

I will only know if it is working when they solve the problem of crashing with flatpaks.
Firerfox manually installed is also causing 100% CPU crash.

https://bbs.deepin.org/post/204279

https://bbs.deepin.org/post/204226

Reply View the author
忘记、过去
2020-10-31 20:04
edson1967

Hello

I will only know if it is working when they solve the problem of crashing with flatpaks.
Firerfox manually installed is also causing 100% CPU crash.

https://bbs.deepin.org/post/204279

https://bbs.deepin.org/post/204226

[开心]You need to be patient and wait for them to fix these bugs. Actually in China we can't access flatpak easily, so few of us use flatpak since V20 was released, even in V15......

And I tested FireFox which was downloaded from their official website, and I did't meet the same CPU crash issue. My CPU is Intel Core i5-7300HQ...... Maybe you need to consider buying a new laptop...XD

Reply View the author
edson1967
deepin
2020-11-01 10:36
忘记、过去

[开心]You need to be patient and wait for them to fix these bugs. Actually in China we can't access flatpak easily, so few of us use flatpak since V20 was released, even in V15......

And I tested FireFox which was downloaded from their official website, and I did't meet the same CPU crash issue. My CPU is Intel Core i5-7300HQ...... Maybe you need to consider buying a new laptop...XD

Hi Yes ..... I'm patient (!) If it weren't, I wouldn't be using three beta versions at the same time, being the Deepin V20 1003, ArcoLinux and ArchLinux Deepin V20 Rollyng Version. I think the problem is different, because before the update of Version 1003 of Deepin V20, Firefox worked normally, including automatic updates. Let's wait Thank You

Reply View the author