updating to kernel 3.2
Tofloor
poster avatar
pahnin
deepin
2012-05-28 22:02
Author
I want to update to kernel 3.2, will it crete any problems?
I.m using deepin 11
I like the deepin's UI but I want software updates more quickly. How can I get that?
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
deepin
2012-05-28 23:23
Wait for a month.
New deepin linux will come soon.
Reply View the author
ApplePie
deepin
2012-05-29 01:58
I‘ve updated to 3.3.2-generic for a month, not any error occurs except for my WIFI——every Broadcom 802.11g user have to face the  driver problem since kernel3.2, but there's a perfect solution to fix it,I can post it here if you need it.

You can download the newest kernel here :
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux

DeepinScrot-4952.png
Reply View the author
pahnin
deepin
2012-05-29 04:28
ok thanx but I see that the software release is slow, like ruby is in version 1.8 firefox is version 10 etc
Reply View the author
ApplePie
deepin
2012-05-29 06:12
ok thanx but I see that the software release is slow, like ruby is in version 1.8 firefox is version 10 etc

Er...it is said that the LD team will write its own resource list in next(or next's next?)version.Your need will be sufficed then.
In my opinion,best softwares are not newest sws,but most stable and efficient ones,like in China most Linuxer prefer Gnome2 rather than G3 because they are familiar with G2——so G2 is more efficient to them .
I'm not high on updating any more(that is to say once I did ‘sudo update&upgrade’ every day...).If u are high on that or u have special needs in newest sws,u can try to add PPA&key or download newest sw on offical website.

Hope that's helpful. :mrgreen:

By the way, I'm a Chinese student who often get low marks in Eng. Exam :cry: please correct any wrong grammar or non(or dis-?/un-?/a-?)idiomatic usage,thanx~ :
Reply View the author