Linux deepin RC - is it supposed to be like this?
Tofloor
poster avatar
DisappearingOak
deepin
2012-07-12 20:14
Author
Hi, I'm an English-language user of Deepin, and I feel the distro is very nice. I was using 11.10.1, but downloaded the RC to try it out. I installed it and it seems upon logging in to the desktop (this happened twice) that the desktop shows up, and I can move the mouse, but nothing is clickable and I have to restart via tty. Also, it seems that opening the new Deepin audio player, nothing happens at all, nothing opens. This also happens when clicking on the app next to the audio player which starts with Deepin something, but I can't make out what it is, because in the Applications menu everything shows up as one word and ellipsis. Like "Deepin...", "LibreOffice...", etc. Is the new audio player icons in the RC just a placeholder? I can't quite understand it. Otherwise I would like to say that the new version is very charming to look at. I know that Deepin is for the Chinese mostly, but I would suggest that the Deepin people shouldn't leave out international users from using this wonderful distro. The bug reports section should be in English, so international users can also report and view bugs. Google Translate doesn't always do a very good job of translation Chinese. Just a suggestion. Otherwise, it's a very nice distro.
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
Rusher
deepin
2012-07-12 23:10
Hi, I'm an English-language user of Deepin, and I feel the distro is very nice. I was using 11.10.1, but downloaded the RC to try it out. I installed it and it seems upon logging in to the desktop (this happened twice) that the desktop shows up, and I can move the mouse, but nothing is clickable and I have to restart via tty. Also, it seems that opening the new Deepin audio player, nothing happens at all, nothing opens. This also happens when clicking on the app next to the audio player which starts with Deepin something, but I can't make out what it is, because in the Applications menu everything shows up as one word and ellipsis. Like "Deepin...", "LibreOffice...", etc. Is the new audio player icons in the RC just a placeholder? I can't quite understand it. Otherwise I would like to say that the new version is very charming to look at. I know that Deepin is for the Chinese mostly, but I would suggest that the Deepin people shouldn't leave out international users from using this wonderful distro. The bug reports section should be in English, so international users can also report and view bugs. Google Translate doesn't always do a very good job of translation Chinese. Just a suggestion. Otherwise, it's a very nice distro.

That happens maybe because it's still a RC version, and in the stable version those issues should be gone.

I agree.. and the main language should be English.
If it would be, this distro would get much more users.
Reply View the author
bunticlick
deepin
2012-07-14 02:55
If you are on a laptop with a touchpad, try to disable the locking of the touchpad while typing. This would be an old bug present in several iterations of ubuntu in general. You will find those in the mouse and touchpad controls in the system settings. Can't say what the actual enfglish menus are named since mine are a mixture of german and chinese.
Reply View the author