Adobe flash problems in 12.06
Tofloor
poster avatar
DisappearingOak
deepin
2012-07-20 19:49
Author
Hi, Flash videos and games were working perfectly in 11.12.1, but in 12.06 it happens that when I play flash games, the game becomes very choppy and lags a lot. There are often also white rectangular boxes which show up for a split second inside the game. Also sometimes Firefox will hang too. This wasn't a problem in 11.12.1. I wish these packages were more thoroughly tested before being pushed out. Problems like this are too frustrating. How do I resolve this problem? Do I need to downgrade the flash package? Can anyone tell me what version was used in 11.12.1 (I don't have it installed anymore, since I installed 12.06.)??
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
tuhaihe
deepin
2012-08-02 18:22
Adobe has abandoned Flash updates...
Reply View the author
lukenlinux
deepin
2012-08-27 14:01
You can use Google Chrome, it has the newest version of Abode Flash Player integrated into the Chrome browser.. Flash player will stay up to date with Chrome.
Reply View the author
bsfmig
deepin
2012-08-28 05:52
You can use Google Chrome, it has the newest version of Abode Flash Player integrated into the Chrome browser.. Flash player will stay up to date with Chrome.
Note:Use Chrome, NOT Chromium.
www.google.com/chrome
Reply View the author
JLey
deepin
2015-08-19 12:16
I use this link to update my flash.

sudo apt-get remove flashplugin-* --purge  < ~ ~ ~ Didn't work
sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree       < ~ ~ ~ Did work

If anyone has a better solution, I'm all ears.

Also, I use Firefox.

Reply View the author
horvan
deepin
2015-08-19 12:50
Adobe is partnering with Googleto enhence Flash Players Application Programming Interface  Here is what Adobe says about it Adobes press release about the future of Flash Players development In short that means that by now the only chance to get an up to date and working Flash Player on Ubuntu without backdoors is using Google Chrome.
Reply View the author
JLey
deepin
2015-08-19 13:23
I knew that, but I thought, even though it doesn't show an update on the Firefox browser, that by doing the manual installs, it still did updates that just weren't reported on the system.  If that's wrong, is there another reputable alternative to Firefox and Chrome?  I'm trying to stay away from Google as much as possible.
Reply View the author