How to install Nemo - a better file manager
Tofloor
poster avatar
lihongwu
deepin
2012-09-05 18:08
Author
Thanks for the tip, would give it a shot.
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
Platypus
deepin
2012-09-05 22:09
Sorry folks,
I've just found out that after a reboot that some of the Cinammon settings take over. It may be best to stear clear of this suggestion until I find a way around the problem .....if I can.

To restore your orginal desktop simply go into Synaptic or Deepin Software Centre do a search for Nemo and then uninstall.

Sorry folks

Platypus
Reply View the author
tuhaihe
deepin
2012-09-05 22:28
Nemo is just one fork of  Nautilus 3.4.
Reply View the author
Platypus
deepin
2012-09-07 04:43
Yes it is, but it has extra features that I desperately miss for example from the context menu. And I know that Ubuntu 12.10 will stay with Nautilus 3.4 because they don't like the newer versions. I have to agree. I was an early user of Linux Mint for a couple of years and I really liked what they did with Nautilus back then and I see they have included these things with Nemo. Nemo is Nautilus 3.4 with attitude!
Reply View the author
tuhaihe
deepin
2012-09-07 17:03
It may be that. But the better File Manager will be chosen in Linux Deepin future editions.
Reply View the author
lihongwu
deepin
2012-09-07 17:41
Yes it is, but it has extra features that I desperately miss for example from the context menu. And I know that Ubuntu 12.10 will stay with Nautilus 3.4 because they don't like the newer versions. I have to agree. I was an early user of Linux Mint for a couple of years and I really liked what they did with Nautilus back then and I see they have included these things with Nemo. Nemo is Nautilus 3.4 with attitude!
The developers of Linux Deepin will adopt it in future releases of the distro if they are aware that Nemo is fair enough. However it is not up to me. They are developers with attitude! :roll:  :
Reply View the author
tuhaihe
deepin
2012-09-08 00:02
Now, Nemo has been added in Linux Deepin repos.

You can update the sources.list and install the neme:
  1. sudo apt-get update
  2. sudo apt-get install nemo
Copy the Code
Reply View the author
Platypus
deepin
2012-09-12 03:23
Wow! Thank you Developer with Attitude. Much appreciated. This is a good Distro - can I say that?
Thank you.

Platypus
Reply View the author
tuhaihe
deepin
2012-09-12 17:01
Wow! Thank you Developer with Attitude. Much appreciated. This is a good Distro - can I say that?
Thank you.

Platypus

Thanks.
Reply View the author