Full translation in french ?
Tofloor
poster avatar
Fernande
deepin
2012-11-23 06:14
Author
Hi Fernande,
when I want to install Deepin on my computer, it doesn't detect the french keyboard layout. Did you enconter this problem ?
(in french : j'ai un clavier français azerty qui  n'est pas détecté par Deepin lors de l'installation, as-tu rencontré ce problème ?)
Thanks!
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
Fernande
deepin
2012-10-08 05:51
Hi,

What I did to have french as default language :
  1. sudo apt-get install language-pack-fr language-pack-fr-base language-pack-gnome-fr language-pack-gnome-fr-base
Copy the Code
  1. gksu gedit /etc/default/locale
Copy the Code
replace en by fr : LANG="fr_FR.UTF-8" then reboot.

For debug the language selector GUI :
  1. cd /etc/X11/xinit
  2. sudo mkdir -m a=rwx xinput.d
Copy the Code

There remains a problem insofar as all menus and applications are not translated.
Can you, please help me identify the missing packages for a total translation?

Thanking you in advance, have a nice day .
Reply View the author
lihongwu
deepin
2012-10-08 17:31
Try append 'fr_FR.UTF-8 UTF-8 UTF-8'  to /var/lib/supported.d/locale and then run
  1. $ sudo locale-gen
Copy the Code
and see if there is any luck.
Reply View the author
Fernande
deepin
2012-10-09 06:00
Thank you for this answer  ;)
In  /var/lib/ there is no "/supported.d" folder, so I created it for testing...I've got this in terminal :
  1. deepinmb@deepinmb-virtual-machine:~$ gksu gedit /var/lib/supported.d/locale
  2. deepinmb@deepinmb-virtual-machine:~$ sudo locale-gen
  3. Generating locales...
  4.   en_AG.UTF-8... up-to-date
  5.   en_AU.UTF-8... up-to-date
  6.   en_BW.UTF-8... up-to-date
  7.   en_CA.UTF-8... up-to-date
  8.   en_DK.UTF-8... Ne peut ouvrir le fichier des particularisations « da_DK »: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
  9. failed
  10.   en_GB.UTF-8... up-to-date
  11.   en_HK.UTF-8... up-to-date
  12.   en_IE.UTF-8... up-to-date
  13.   en_IN.UTF-8... Ne peut ouvrir le fichier des particularisations « hi_IN »: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
  14. failed
  15.   en_NG.UTF-8... Ne peut ouvrir le fichier des particularisations « da_DK »: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
  16. failed
  17.   en_NZ.UTF-8... up-to-date
  18.   en_PH.UTF-8... Ne peut ouvrir le fichier des particularisations « tl_PH »: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
  19. failed
  20.   en_SG.UTF-8... up-to-date
  21.   en_US.UTF-8... up-to-date
  22.   en_ZA.UTF-8... up-to-date
  23.   en_ZM.UTF-8... up-to-date
  24.   en_ZW.UTF-8... up-to-date
  25.   fr_BE.UTF-8... done
  26.   fr_CA.UTF-8... done
  27.   fr_CH.UTF-8... Ne peut ouvrir le fichier des particularisations « de_CH »: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
  28. failed
  29.   fr_FR.UTF-8... done
  30.   fr_LU.UTF-8... done
  31. Generation complete.
  32. deepinmb@deepinmb-virtual-machine:~$
Copy the Code

For firefox, thunderbird, libre office , it's good, they have their own translation package. But in the other applications it is a mixture of French & English, or just english. However gnome is in French.
Reply View the author
lihongwu
deepin
2012-10-09 19:10
Sorry, I failed to mention the fact that there is no French support yet for applications originally developed by Linux Deepin Team for the present, such as Deepin Media Player, Deepin Music Player, etc..
As for 'other' applications else than the 'Deepin' ones, I suppose it is not about configuration. Maybe it is not translated fully in the upstream? Well, I begin to doubt it myself. :roll:
Another point I would like to mention is that if you're interested in helping us with the French translation of our software, which are either GPLv2 or GPLv3 licenced, it would be greatly appreciated if you were willing to do it for us. Well, I just mentioned it, it is up to your willingness, my friend. ;)
Reply View the author
Fernande
deepin
2012-10-11 04:50
Hi,
On Ubuntu gnome remix, it is possible to obtain a full translation,I think it just missing a package or something I can't identify...
Regarding  Deepin applications, my English lvl is really low, but I can make a try. Can you give me the links of the configuration files to translate ?
Reply View the author
tuhaihe
deepin
2012-10-11 17:44
Can you give me the links of the configuration files to translate ?

You can do that at Github: https://github.com/linuxdeepin
Reply View the author
bsfmig
deepin
2012-10-13 18:05
For firefox, thunderbird, libre office , it's good, they have their own translation package. But in the other applications it is a mixture of French & English, or just english. However gnome is in French.
It might be due to the "localepurge" package that deletes non-English language resource files.
run dpkg-reconfigure localepurge and make sure fr_FR is not selected to be purged.
Reply View the author