MALLOW
deepin
2012-11-28 11:36
when we will see ld based on ubuntu 12.10
Reply View the author
lihongwu
deepin
2012-11-28 16:59
The new release equipped with a new desktop environment is still under development and is only available through internal testing purpose. We will put stability and other critical features over a fixed schedule so as not to disappoint our users with a semifinished operating system. Thanks for your waiting by the way. ;)
Reply View the author
jomak
deepin
2012-11-28 17:15
Can you give a rough estimation of the release date? 1 month? 2 months? 3 months? More..?
Reply View the author
tuhaihe
deepin
2012-11-28 18:19
Can you give a rough estimation of the release date? 1 month? 2 months? 3 months? More..?

Linux Deepin releases its new version on  Jun.30 and Dec.30 of each year.  If the legend of Mayan did not happen, Linux Deepin 12.12 will be out on 12-30-2012.
Reply View the author
jomak
deepin
2012-11-29 11:35
Thanks a lot. That's close. I'm Looking forward to it. Are you planning beta releases?
Reply View the author
tuhaihe
deepin
2012-11-29 17:27
Thanks a lot. That's close. I'm Looking forward to it. Are you planning beta releases?
As @lihongwu said, the new release equipped with a new desktop environment is still under development.  Beta, rc, ... it has a complete life circle.
Reply View the author
jomak
deepin
2012-11-29 18:00
Thanks a lot can't wait!
Reply View the author
tuhaihe
deepin
2012-11-30 17:08
new linuxdeepin desktop enveroment will based on gnome shell or unity or what
thanks
@MALLOW, Linux Deepin new desktop environment will use compiz as windows manager, deepin ui library as apps and system setting panel UI base, also use html+css+webkit to draw its desktop. Not based on gnome shell or unity. It will be a complete new desktop environment.
Reply View the author
jomak
deepin
2012-11-30 18:41
Not based on gnome shell or unity. It will be a complete new desktop environment.

Does this mean that gnome shell extensions won't work with deepin?
Reply View the author
tuhaihe
deepin
2012-12-01 00:07
Does this mean that gnome shell extensions won't work with deepin?
I am not sure of that. But the customized gnome shell will not be maintained by the team.
Reply View the author
MALLOW
deepin
2012-12-01 09:11
[quote]new linuxdeepin desktop enveroment will based on gnome shell or unity or what
thanks
@MALLOW, Linux Deepin new desktop environment will use compiz as windows manager, deepin ui library as apps and system setting panel UI base, also use html+css+webkit to draw its desktop. Not based on gnome shell or unity. It will be a complete new desktop environment.[/quote]
its greate news but we can install this new enveromnt in ubuntu and linuxmint or what
Reply View the author
abuali
deepin
2012-12-01 14:08
that's right we wait  12-30-2012
Reply View the author
Platypus
deepin
2012-12-10 23:50
"....It will be a complete new desktop environment....." This sounds very exciting and I look forward to this with great interest. BTW, if no one has bothered to say this to you guys. Thank you for what you do.
Reply View the author
MALLOW
deepin
2013-01-10 22:14
hi linuxdeepen team today is 10/01/2013

we waiting from 31/12/2012 , what happen , why late    and when we will see linuxdeepin this weak or what
thanks
Reply View the author
jomak
deepin
2013-01-30 16:19
Very attractive. I didn't install it on hard drive because the installer is in Chinese and I don't understand it. I put it on a usb stick and played around with it. Everything seemed to work fine. What is the road map for the distro? Hopefully, the next release will include an English version as well.

This new desktop environment is going to be like Mint? Will it be available for installing on other distros as well? I personally prefer Arch as a base, because that is the fastest and the most up-to-date distro.
Reply View the author
lihongwu
deepin
2013-01-30 17:14
Very attractive. I didn't install it on hard drive because the installer is in Chinese and I don't understand it. I put it on a usb stick and played around with it. Everything seemed to work fine. What is the road map for the distro? Hopefully, the next release will include an English version as well.

This new desktop environment is going to be like Mint? Will it be available for installing on other distros as well? I personally prefer Arch as a base, because that is the fastest and the most up-to-date distro.
It is possible to install DDE on other distros but we do not provide binary packages for them at present.
And yes, hopefully the next release will include an English version.
Reply View the author