Is this screenshot authentic?
Tofloor
poster avatar
DisappearingOak
deepin
2013-01-05 04:28
Author
http://planet.linuxdeepin.com/wp ... /deepin-desktop.png
I found this screenshot through google. I just wanted to ask if there will be those widgets in the new desktop, like that clock and other widgets with beautiful transparencies? I want to splatter my desktop with a ton of those!
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
tuhaihe
deepin
2013-01-05 21:06
That is  the new desktop environment's concept design. You can watch the development preview video  at Youtube : http://goo.gl/MGpbZ
Reply View the author
Clicker
deepin
2013-01-06 06:29
wow .... it look so nice.
Reply View the author
DisappearingOak
deepin
2013-01-09 01:30
Hi guys, can anyone tell me what date to expect the beta?

Also what is the login username and password for the daily-live iso (9/1/13)?? I downloaded that thinking it would be the future beta.
Reply View the author
lihongwu
deepin
2013-01-10 01:02
Hi guys, can anyone tell me what date to expect the beta?

Also what is the login username and password for the daily-live iso (9/1/13)?? I downloaded that thinking it would be the future beta.
I am afraid the image has nothing to do with the future release. It is generated automatically with updates and fixes for the 12.06 release.
To tell you something about the new release, I think it's fairly usable now for the most part from my own experience. But the modules for system settings (equivalent of the GNOME CONTROL CENTER) are still being reworked and developed.
Reply View the author
DisappearingOak
deepin
2013-01-21 23:49
Yes, lihongwu, I am glad it's mostly done but can you tell us what date the beta will be out?? It's been three weeks delayed now.
Reply View the author
lihongwu
deepin
2013-01-22 17:09
Yes, lihongwu, I am glad it's mostly done but can you tell us what date the beta will be out?? It's been three weeks delayed now.
fwict, it will be be released in the REAL soon. I am actually just a team member so I cannot tell it for sure. Sorry for the delay, really.
Reply View the author
DisappearingOak
deepin
2013-01-25 01:20
Waiting for it.... Feeling very impatient though. I wanted to ask.. in the new desktop, there is a dock style taskbar, but will there be an option for an Xp style task switcher? (icons+names for all open tasks)? I'm guessing different people have different preferences but an option would be nice. But I understand that this is only the first version though.
Reply View the author
lihongwu
deepin
2013-01-28 19:11
Waiting for it.... Feeling very impatient though. I wanted to ask.. in the new desktop, there is a dock style taskbar, but will there be an option for an Xp style task switcher? (icons+names for all open tasks)? I'm guessing different people have different preferences but an option would be nice. But I understand that this is only the first version though.
I'll report this to relevant developers and see if they can add this in the future as an enhancement. Thanks for your suggestion.
Reply View the author
lihongwu
deepin
2013-01-28 23:18
Regrettably, the new release is an alpha one. And in the alpha version full i18n has not been implemented. Though I could help in the i18n process, the developers are more interested in coding itself...
Really sorry for that, really...
Reply View the author
DisappearingOak
deepin
2013-01-29 00:11
Regrettably, the new release is an alpha one. And in the alpha version full i18n has not been implemented. Though I could help in the i18n process, the developers are more interested in coding itself...

Full localization not been implemented?  :cry:  So you mean there will be no english version for the alpha, or that there will be english version but an incomplete one? Anyway, I would like to test it out in virtual machine.
Reply View the author
lihongwu
deepin
2013-01-29 00:41
[quote]Regrettably, the new release is an alpha one. And in the alpha version full i18n has not been implemented. Though I could help in the i18n process, the developers are more interested in coding itself...

Full localization not been implemented?  :cry:  So you mean there will be no english version for the alpha, or that there will be english version but an incomplete one? Anyway, I would like to test it out in virtual machine.[/quote]
Actually there isn't an ISO image which comes with English by default, but you can download the Chinese one and change your locale into English in /etc/default/locale. After rebooting your system will be in English.
It is not only incomplete but often there are mistakes, which is quite embarrassing ...
I will communicate with the developers and help them correct them ... later.
Hope you are still interested and give it a try after I've said all this. I am just being honest so I have to tell you the shortcomings in advance.
Reply View the author
DisappearingOak
deepin
2013-01-29 00:53
[quote][quote]Regrettably, the new release is an alpha one. And in the alpha version full i18n has not been implemented. Though I could help in the i18n process, the developers are more interested in coding itself...

Full localization not been implemented?  :cry:  So you mean there will be no english version for the alpha, or that there will be english version but an incomplete one? Anyway, I would like to test it out in virtual machine.[/quote]
Actually there isn't an ISO image which comes with English by default, but you can download the Chinese one and change your locale into English in /etc/default/locale. After rebooting your system will be in English.
It is not only incomplete but often there are mistakes, which is quite embarrassing ...
I will communicate with the developers and help them correct them ... later.
Hope you are still interested and give it a try after I've said all this. I am just being honest so I have to tell you the shortcomings in advance.[/quote]

Ok. No problem. Thanks for the tip. I'll download the Chinese version and change the locale and give it a try.
Reply View the author