2. It would be safe if you change the address for the Ubuntu precise repo so that you could use other mirrors that is faster for where you live.
3. The translation site will be revised and re-established in a few months. The revised site will be more usable and convenient.
4. You can use your prefered kernel version but currently we do not provide support for other kernels other than those from the offical repos.
5. Since you've found Mantis for bug report, I wish you have a good time reporting them. And the bugs will be handled as soon as we receive them.
6. Fcitx is a preferred input method for Chinese speakers and some other langugages. You probably do not need it for German input. The Wubi (in Chinese '五笔') you found here is a Chinese input method.
7. It is possible that you choose something of your own as long as you get through the sometimes annoying configuration.
8. The clock is currently a peusdo one. This will be fixed once the development work is done.
9. Our site including the forum will be revised in the near future. And not only improvement will be done but also some other new features.
I'm a native german speaker which is using Linux Deepin 12.12 since today. I have a few noob questions and I hope some of the more experienced users here can give me some advice.
-Why are there no Ubuntu repos in my sources.list? This is my sources.list after a fresh install of Linux Deepin 12.12 (64 Bit):
The Downloads of new software are really slow! While the downloads itself run with speed between around 15kb and 350kb, the download of the header files (not sure if this is teh correct name, in german it's "Kopfzeilen") after running apt-get update needs terribly long. Would it be safe to add Ubuntu Quantal repos into my sources.list for downloading not Deepin-specific software?
-Where can I help with translating? I can't read chinese, but I could help with translating English into German for german/swiss/austrian users like me. I could also translate some of your forum buttons into german and english. ;-)
-Are you planning to support kernel versions up from 3.6 and above? Keyboards with Holtek-Chips like my Sharkoon Tactix are supported by the mainline kernel only from 3.6+. For Ubuntu 12.10 a stable 3.6 kernel is available here. I'll try to use this kernel with Linux Deepin.
-Where can I publish bugs?
-What is Fcitx? I think it is the keyboard layout...I have the choice between pinyin (chinese?), my german layout and...Wubi? What does Wubi mean? I only know Wubi as the Windows Ubuntu Installer, but not as a keyboard layout.
-The System settings panel lacks some things compared to the Unity/Gnome ones...is it possible to use the Unity or Gnome settings panel in DDE?
-The clock of my DDE panel is stuck at 12:12:12. Is there a known way to fix it?
- It's not really a question, but...you should really force double authentication for the registration of this forum (after registration a e-mail with an auth-link before first login). A lot of forums without this are getting a huge amount of spam through bots. ;)
I hope some english or german speaking users can help me with my problems,
thank you very much for all answers!
Edit: I found the links for translating and bug report just after submitting this posting...shame on me. ops: But I get 502 Bad Gateway Error if i try to access your translation site...I hope this gets fixed soon.