How to add keyboard layout
Tofloor
poster avatar
jomak
deepin
2013-06-20 15:59
Author
I've just installed deepin 12.12; by and large, it works very well. But I'm unable to figure out how to add additional keyboard layout. I work with 3 different languages. Can anyone instruct me how to go about adding keyboard layout?

Thanks
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
cxbii
deepin
2013-06-20 20:13
System Settings---- Keyboard----Keyboard Layout

DeepinScreenshot20130620121151.png
Sorry, my English is very poor. :cry:
Reply View the author
jomak
deepin
2013-06-21 03:39
I've tried keyboard replace, as you indicated, but it doesn't work. I'm doing lots of translations and I have to constantly change the keyboard layout from one language to another. Before, there was a small flag icon appeared in the panel indicating what keyboard layout I have and I used alt-shift shortcut to change the keyboard layout. How can I set up an arrengement like that?

Thanks.
Reply View the author
cxbii
deepin
2013-06-21 05:33
I've tried keyboard replace, as you indicated, but it doesn't work. I'm doing lots of translations and I have to constantly change the keyboard layout from one language to another. Before, there was a small flag icon appeared in the panel indicating what keyboard layout I have and I used alt-shift shortcut to change the keyboard layout. How can I set up an arrengement like that?

Thanks.
some of my friends came on my call,Please wait~
Reply View the author
zhaixiang
deepin
2013-06-21 06:20
Hi jomak, I will give my sincere thank to you experienced our lastest Linux Deepin 12.12

As cxbii mentioned it is able to replace the current keyboard layout to others, but it might be a bug failed to take effect even replaced the layout through System Settings GUI.

So try console please:
1. cat /etc/locale.alias
for example, spanish         es_ES.ISO-8859-1
2. sudo loadkeys es
replaced the current layout to Spanish`s

We will fix the bug ASAP, then it is able to replace the layout through the GUI
Reply View the author
jomak
deepin
2013-06-21 06:59
Hi jomak, I will give my sincere thank to you experienced our lastest Linux Deepin 12.12

As cxbii mentioned it is able to replace the current keyboard layout to others, but it might be a bug failed to take effect even replaced the layout through System Settings GUI.

So try console please:
1. cat /etc/locale.alias
for example, spanish         es_ES.ISO-8859-1
2. sudo loadkeys es
replaced the current layout to Spanish`s

We will fix the bug ASAP, then it is able to replace the layout through the GUI
Thanks for the suggestion.
Unfortunately, the command line solution didn't work.
I issued the command you mentioned:

mak@mak-System-Product-Name:~$ sudo loadkeys hu
[sudo] password for mak:
Loading hu
mak@mak-System-Product-Name:~$

but it hasn't changed the layout.

My default keyboard layout is English. But I do translations and I need French and Hungarian layouts as well.

I guess, I have to wait until the bug is fixed. Hopefully soon.
Reply View the author
c***[email protected]
deepin
2013-06-21 07:59
I instaled Deepin 12.12 today. I can't change the keyboard layout through GUI. Will you be correcting the problem in the near future?

Deepin 12.12 is very nice, indeed!
Reply View the author
zhaixiang
deepin
2013-06-21 16:34
Hi jomak, our system team would pay some attention to the keymap layout issue, it will be fixed in Monday next week due to 2 days team travel for celebrating Linux Deepin 12.12 Final released

Chdslv, I will monitor the issue status, you can sudo apt-get update && dist-upgrade when the bug fixed.
Reply View the author
jomak
deepin
2013-06-22 05:24
Hi jomak, our system team would pay some attention to the keymap layout issue, it will be fixed in Monday next week due to 2 days team travel for celebrating Linux Deepin 12.12 Final released

Chdslv, I will monitor the issue status, you can sudo apt-get update && dist-upgrade when the bug fixed.

Sounds good.
Thanks a lot.
Reply View the author
c***[email protected]
deepin
2013-06-25 05:55
Xhaiziang, thank you.
Reply View the author
c***[email protected]
deepin
2013-06-26 19:01
I still cannot get it, even after dist-upgrade. Has it been fixed?
Reply View the author
shamsuzzamansadi
deepin
2013-06-27 22:57
Today is already 27-06-2013. Still don't have any bugfix? I don't want to go back to ubuntu 13.04 as that one is to much buggy and ustable. Lastday it crushed and I switched to Deepin. It's good, stable and everything still works fine. But this keyboard layout switching problem makes me crazy!! I use a fixed layout system for type. I don't use ibus as I works in Eclipse and there I need ctrl+space very frequently. So I hope we can see the fix of this bug as soon as possible. Even I've tried both of your solutions but my Bengali language isn't in that /etc/locale.alias
Reply View the author
natajorn
deepin
2013-07-02 08:58
Hi !!! I think this problem still occurs. I still cannot change any layout of keyboard. Please help I really love this distro linux. Wanna use it as daily

thanks in advance

Natajorn
Reply View the author