Few thoughts on Deepin 12.12
Tofloor
poster avatar
Chdslv
deepin
2013-06-25 19:40
Author
It is quite nice, I may even say cute. It is snappy too. I also have few concerns. Deepin may have been made for the Chinese, but it is a distro for everyone, so you should think of other languages too, at least the major ones.  

The dainty blue-white background is okay, if the bottom dock is darker. Th edock is nice looking, but the transparency won't allow you to see the time or other icons on it, if the window open is lighter in colour. You cannot change anything of that dock, other than docking an open application. It would be nice to have themes for it.

Workspaces should be added to the dock and to the Settings Manager. Keybard layout should be able to be changes and an icon/link would be nice on the dock. (This was promised to be looked at.)

The soft corners are fixed, but that's okay by me, as the user would get used to that. The downloaded wallpapers in the favourites folder is not physically there, and there should be a way to keep them permanently in a folder.

There are very pretty skins for Dplayer, Dmusic etc. Is there a possibility to get that kind of themes as the gtk theme?

Some installed apps won't show in the Deppin-shell. I downloaded Gnome-tweak-tool, but it doesn't show. it is not even in the Main Menu. I can run it only through the Terminal, as Alt+F2 would bring out the Deepin-shell.

All in all, it is very nice distro, and I wish you all the best!
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
Chdslv
deepin
2013-06-25 23:47
Later, I installed Gnome-shell from Deepin repos, and the Deepin-GS session was very responsive. Then, I installed Gnome-fallback and got a quite nice Gnome-classic session too. In that I added DockbarX as it is customizable. The Deepin dock is there too, if I want to call it in. This gave a Gnome-Classic mode with hot corners and all the Deepin goodies.
Reply View the author
Chdslv
deepin
2013-06-26 18:57
Deepin in Gnome with Deepin shell.jpg

Deepin 12.12 in the Gnome-session and with the Deepin-shell
Reply View the author
sy1993
deepin
2013-06-26 21:45
That is great with the gnome-shell !
Reply View the author
Freddy1X
deepin
2013-06-26 23:38
I just hope the next Linux Deepin will have better set of wallpapers!
Reply View the author
Chdslv
deepin
2013-06-27 05:31
The wallpaper was from the Deepin link to download wallpapers
Reply View the author
Freddy1X
deepin
2013-06-27 06:35
The wallpaper was from the Deepin link to download wallpapers

Do you know where I can find that downloaded wallpapers from System Settings?
Reply View the author
Freddy1X
deepin
2013-06-28 02:49
[quote]The wallpaper was from the Deepin link to download wallpapers

Do you know where I can find that downloaded wallpapers from System Settings?[/quote]

I also thought that it would be nice if the developers add 'delete' function in the file manager, like Nemo in Linux Mint. Because I hate to 'send' something to thrash and then I have to delete it again..
Reply View the author
Chdslv
deepin
2013-06-28 11:00
[quote]The wallpaper was from the Deepin link to download wallpapers

Do you know where I can find that downloaded wallpapers from System Settings?[/quote]

System Settings>ersonalization>Deepin and click on the "+" and then you'd come to Add wallpaper page, where you'd see 360 & Love wallpaper. Good luck!
Reply View the author
a287740928
deepin
2013-06-28 16:56
[quote][quote]The wallpaper was from the Deepin link to download wallpapers

I also thought that it would be nice if the developers add 'delete' function in the file manager, like Nemo in Linux Mint. Because I hate to 'send' something to thrash and then I have to delete it again..[/quote]
Due to the file manager was cntroled by the gmone 3,we have to put up with it till deepin develop their own's.
You also can set like this in preference to solve it.
Reply View the author
Freddy1X
deepin
2013-06-28 17:56
Due to the file manager was cntroled by the gmone 3,we have to put up with it till deepin develop their own's.
You also can set like this in preference to solve it.

Thank you very much..that's all I need..
Reply View the author