DNS Setting Will Not Stick In Deepin System Settings!
Tofloor
poster avatar
Freddy1X
deepin
2013-06-30 06:15
Author
[quote]Hye.

I've tried both ways, from Deepin System Settings, I tried to change my DNS Settings to use Google DNS. But everytime I click on 'Save', the setting just not saved! It just stick to default configuration.

I also have tried with /etc/resolve.conf file, but it seems not working too. Can somebody clarify this to me? Is this a bug too? How can I set the DNS so that it will stick right there until the end of the world?

well. it is a bug. And there are two ways to solve this bug.
1. just delete this connection by clicking "delete" button in Setting page. you may find that your wired toggle button doesnt works correct. Dont worry, just restart your pc and go to setting page, if the mac address entry is empty just enter your settings again and save it.

2. move to this link . http://www.linuxdeepin.com/forum/6/14305. ignore those chinese words, just download the attachment, extract it, "cd"  to those patches, and apply two commands  mentioned in that post and done! oh, dont forget to input your settings one more time.

if there's any questions, please reply.[/quote]

I've installed the patches and restarted my laptop after that. Guess what? It is working! Thank you very much!
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
Freddy1X
deepin
2013-06-27 21:46
Hye.

I've tried both ways, from Deepin System Settings, I tried to change my DNS Settings to use Google DNS. But everytime I click on 'Save', the setting just not saved! It just stick to default configuration.

I also have tried with /etc/resolve.conf file, but it seems not working too. Can somebody clarify this to me? Is this a bug too? How can I set the DNS so that it will stick right there until the end of the world?
Reply View the author
lihongwu
deepin
2013-06-27 23:09
The issue has been reported to our bug tracker. Thank you for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience.
Reply View the author
Freddy1X
deepin
2013-06-27 23:54
The issue has been reported to our bug tracker. Thank you for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you very much for the reply!
Hope to see the update soon!
Reply View the author
ramkumar
deepin
2013-06-28 22:16
Hi,

For me, the DNS entries are getting saved in the Network manager. But its not appearing in the /etc/resolv.conf . I only get this in /etc/resolv.conf
  1. nameserver 127.0.1.1
  2. domain corp.linuxdeepin.com
  3. search corp.linuxdeepin.com
Copy the Code

But while I test the google DNS using this command,
  1. sudo traceroute -n -w 2 -q 2 -m 30 8.8.8.8
Copy the Code

I get the DNS servers are google's one i.e 8.8.8.8
Reply View the author
cursorzz
deepin
2013-06-29 01:32
Hye.

well. it is a bug. And there are two ways to solve this bug.
1. just delete this connection by clicking "delete" button in Setting page. you may find that your wired toggle button doesnt works correct. Dont worry, just restart your pc and go to setting page, if the mac address entry is empty just enter your settings again and save it.

2. move to this link . http://www.linuxdeepin.com/forum/6/14305. ignore those chinese words, just download the attachment, extract it, "cd"  to those patches, and apply two commands  mentioned in that post and done! oh, dont forget to input your settings one more time.

if there's any questions, please reply.
Reply View the author
wo******14@cadolls.com
deepin
2023-04-03 10:26
The user is banned, and the content is hidden.