Deepin 12.12 Review! Not Much To Complain About.
Tofloor
poster avatar
jeffrey
deepin
2013-10-07 23:40
Author
Hi, jeffrey.

We are very glad you like Linux Deepin, we will continue to strive to do better, give the world a different Linux operating system.

Have a nice day! ;)
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
jeffrey
deepin
2013-10-07 22:06
Hello Forum and Developers:

I just wanted to say thank you to all the Dev's out there that make this Linux Distro possible.  Excellent job! I've been using Linux for 3.5 years and I must say this is the most stable O/S I've ran across.  I've only have had a few minor glitches nothing serious, everything works pretty much right out of the box.

After a few tweaks, things like changing the download mirror in the software center and also install gnome tweak tool this is a really likable and stable Linux O/S and looks so much different than all the other Distros out there, it really does stand out among the rest.  I love the gnome look of the menu.  The app artwork is very beautiful and I don't even want to modify it in any way, it looks nice the way it is.  The wallpapers are clean, bright, cheerful and very refreshing.  The startup and shut down splashes are very simple and look great.  This operating system feels like I paid for it, but I didn't, the way it looks feels and operates makes me think it's a cross between GNU/Linux, Gnome DTE, Windows O/S, and Mac OS X.  It's fresh and inviting and doesn't scare me away when using it.  It has the easy functionality of Ubuntu and the Software Center is way faster and also you can have multiple downloads at the same time, unlike Ubuntu Software Center(Which is very slow and annoying).  Linux Deepin also has a great app called Deepin Game Center, which was a lot of fun, they have really cool games that are up to date and the graphics are not to bad either.  The only downside is that a lot of the game titles are in chinese, but when it comes to simple games it's not really that hard to figure out.  The Linux Deepin forum team is also another added bonus.  Even though I speak english the Developer's were very quick to answer my questions and I felt I was getting a very good response to most of my issues. (Even though there is a huge language barrier)

Well my final comments......

This O/S is very well rounded, clean and simple to use.  It looks great and is very stable.  The only complaint once again there is not much functionality for the dock, you can't change any of the dock's behavior at all(except for the autohide function), that's the downside, the shutdown, logout, and restart button is a little too small and hard to see, actually I had trouble when I first installed Deepin trying to shutdown the system I had to click on every icon to find it, that's something that needs work, it needs to look like the classic shutdown symbol everyone else knows.  The system tools on the dock, things like the clock, wifi, shutdown icon etc you should be able to make them larger they are way too small(in my opinion), it's very hard to click on them with the mouse pointer without accidently hitting the icon beside it.(I find this really frustrating and annoying in my opinion).  I'm sure these adjustments will be added in the next installment.(hopefully)

That's pretty much it, thanks again to all the Developers of Linux Deepin, Great Job! Can't wait for the next release!
Reply View the author
cxbii
deepin
2013-10-08 03:44
Thanks for the support ~
Reply View the author
jeffrey
deepin
2013-10-08 12:15
Your Welcome!
Reply View the author