Deepin Bugs after update...
Tofloor
poster avatar
omelette
deepin
2013-10-15 01:19
Author
Having just updated Deepin 12.12, I noticed that the text in many boxes is now Chinese instead of English.  Another strange thing is that when I try logging out, Deepin instead starts up Software Center!!!  Attached is a little RecordMyDesktop video of this happening.

http://ubuntuone.com/2bdvU0gYOLIopgjWoTHrrg
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
a285654974
deepin
2013-10-15 05:30
Having just updated Deepin 12.12, I noticed that the text in many boxes is now Chinese instead of English.  Another strange thing is that when I try logging out, Deepin instead starts up Software Center!!!  Attached is a little RecordMyDesktop video of this happening.

DeepinScreenshot20131014210652.png
This means that the software center is still working in the background (maybe like Command "apt-get update" in Terminal). So, prevent the system from being damaged, you need to close the Software Center first.
ps: My English is poor.
Reply View the author
a285654974
deepin
2013-10-15 05:34

DeepinScreenshot20131014212520.png
You can check this to install the full language pack
Reply View the author
cxbii
deepin
2013-10-15 05:51
Chinese need to be translated, we will fix~
http://www.linuxdeepin.com/mantis/view.php?id=2698
Reply View the author
cxbii
deepin
2013-10-15 05:52
You can check this to install the full language pack
这个是dde特有的,语言支持那个一般是对gnome项目软件有效的

所以这个需要ld自己操刀,我已经上报bug了.
Reply View the author
electricface
deepin
2013-10-17 22:35
已经修复 bug has been fixed
Reply View the author
omelette
deepin
2013-10-20 10:39
Great!  Thanks.
Reply View the author
ranmaruhibikiya
deepin
2013-12-04 07:19
I've this problem.
Software center, dplayer, dmusic, geany and another ones are displaying chinese, when my initial installation was english. This occurs when the bug of the black screen appears (after an upgrade) and installed the deepin-default-setting-zh to restore the desktop.
I read that was a bug and is fixed, but, I purge the package mentioned before and still is in chinese.

Regards.
Reply View the author
cxbii
deepin
2013-12-04 17:12
I've this problem.
Software center, dplayer, dmusic, geany and another ones are displaying chinese, when my initial installation was english. This occurs when the bug of the black screen appears (after an upgrade) and installed the deepin-default-setting-zh to restore the desktop.
I read that was a bug and is fixed, but, I purge the package mentioned before and still is in chinese.

Regards.
    Copy the Code
Reply View the author
lihongwu
deepin
2013-12-04 19:28
I've this problem.

Regards.

Hi, please take a look at the /etc/default/locale file, and modify it to
  1. # LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
  2. # LANGUAGE="en_US:en"
Copy the Code

I'll summit the problem again to the developers to see if they have got something wrong.
Reply View the author
ranmaruhibikiya
deepin
2013-12-08 07:44
Solve it here.
Thanks to both for the reply ;)
Reply View the author
omelette
deepin
2013-12-16 05:25
I was very slow in installing the over 500megs of updates that were available, but am very pleased with the results! Numerous bugs associated with the Desktop seem to have been fixed.   The Software Center also has received much needed attention.

Kudos to the Deepin Developers.
Reply View the author