BLACK Desktop
Tofloor
poster avatar
amatbheng
deepin
2013-11-09 02:06
Author
you can use   instead

sudo apt-get install deepin-unity-greeter deepin-desktop-environment deepin-desktop-environment-launcher deepin-desktop-environment-desktop
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
amatbheng
deepin
2013-11-07 08:46
Hi guys,

I don't know why, suddenly my desktop turn black. What I have todo to get my deepin linux load normal desktop environtment...
(*last thing i did was upgrade some component in deepin software center and using wine)

Thanks;
Bheng Bheng;
Reply View the author
deepin
2013-11-07 17:09
Try the terminal, enter desktop, and then press Enter
Reply View the author
ramkumar
deepin
2013-11-09 01:32
Hello,

The deepin software centre has some bug. When we update the system using deepin software centre, certain packages related to desktop environment are removed (that is why you are getting black desktop). The resolution is, you would just need to install those removed desktop environment related packages.

After booting up the system, press CTRL+ALT+F1 to load the console. Login there using your username and password. Then install the removed desktop envirnement related packages:

sudo apt-get install deepin-unity-greeter deepin-desktop-environment deepin-desktop-environment-launcher deepin-desktop-environment-desktop

After installing the packages, type

startx

In future, you can update the system using sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

Do not use the software center until the resolve the bug.
Reply View the author