How is the Traditional Chinese version? Deepin for XP lab
Tofloor
poster avatar
bodangren
deepin
2013-11-29 17:15
Author
Is anyone routinely using the HanT version? If so, how is the language? Odd? Any hiccups in the input or difficulty getting used to it? Incomplete translations? Does WPS work correctly?

I'm considering moving our XP Computer lab over to Deepin or another distro, but Traditional Chinese input is proving to be a big roadblock.

Preliminary tests have worked out OK, but I'm worried there may be deeper issues that will only show up after I've completely committed myself, and I want to be ready for them

Thanks in advance!
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
gekongming
deepin
2013-11-29 18:43
Actually, I used Deepin zh-hant version recently, and it seems that the hant version worked well in my environment except that it had customized for the zh_TW locale... If you are trying to migrate your legacy XP lab to distros like deepin, I'd like to recommend you that you can perform a narrow-range test, ensuring that these migrated computers work well... Can you just tell me what kind of input method you used?
Reply View the author
bodangren
deepin
2013-11-29 20:46
Thanks for the comment. We are in TW, so the TW locale is great for us!

We just used the default method, which is fcitx. I have also tested Elementary OS with some students using ibus-chewing + rime. Some things were different enough that it caused a problem. Also, I need to find default traditional fonts with the vertically centered comma and full stop. Any recommendations for that?
Reply View the author
gekongming
deepin
2013-11-29 23:01
As I was not a Traditional Chinese OS user, the only thing I could do is providing you the following wiki link:
http://wiki.ubuntu.org.cn/index.php?tit ... nt=zh-hant
and please use these fonts files according to its bundled license.

PS:You can contact the LD team if you really wanted to help improve the experience of Tradtional Chinese environment, and I thought they would like to help ; )
Reply View the author