Sorry.
We will consider this function。
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
historyb
deepin
2013-12-01 14:00
Hello,

I was wondering how one would change the weather from Celsius to Fahrenheit?
Reply View the author
omelette
deepin
2013-12-16 05:34
How do I configure this applet?  It appears on my desktop showing "0.0" degrees, "No Network", and "loading.....". If I click on 'No Network' a text-entry field is opened, which I can enter text into but it is not accepted.  Clicking on 'loading......' brings up window containing 5 enteries of "Sun" and "0.0" degrees.  I'm at a loss what to try next..
Reply View the author
cxbii
deepin
2013-12-18 02:05
How do I configure this applet?  It appears on my desktop showing "0.0" degrees, "No Network", and "loading.....". If I click on 'No Network' a text-entry field is opened, which I can enter text into but it is not accepted.  Clicking on 'loading......' brings up window containing 5 enteries of "Sun" and "0.0" degrees.  I'm at a loss what to try next..
Hello, this weather use IP positioning.

Use yahoo weather

Please check your network.

my english is very poor。。
Reply View the author
corEr
deepin
2013-12-18 03:07
If that widget won't work out for you, you could also install the 'screenlet' package or 'gdesklets'

Should be a problem of network configuration though

Regards
Reply View the author
omelette
deepin
2013-12-20 11:14
Thanks guys. It was a network problem - for some reason, when I entered text, the applet wasn't showing a list of probable locations.  It's working now though, - although the list of locations being provided is completely USA-centric. For example, if I enter the capital city of my country (Dublin, Ireland) all I get is a list of Dublin's in the USA. Even entering names of huge cities like Paris or London only supplies a list of American locations.

I had to enter 'Ireland" to get it to work for me, and granted, Ireland is small, so it's acceptable, but people from say France have to enter "France" for it to work - one temperature for the whole of France!!! Same goes for the UK (the only other countries that I've tried).  This is silly and needs to be fixed.
Reply View the author
cxbii
deepin
2013-12-20 17:24
Thanks guys. It was a network problem - for some reason, when I entered text, the applet wasn't showing a list of probable locations.  It's working now though, - although the list of locations being provided is completely USA-centric. For example, if I enter the capital city of my country (Dublin, Ireland) all I get is a list of Dublin's in the USA. Even entering names of huge cities like Paris or London only supplies a list of American locations.

I had to enter 'Ireland" to get it to work for me, and granted, Ireland is small, so it's acceptable, but people from say France have to enter "France" for it to work - one temperature for the whole of France!!! Same goes for the UK (the only other countries that I've tried).  This is silly and needs to be fixed.

Please wait, we will fix it~
Reply View the author
cxbii
deepin
2013-12-21 01:48
sorry!
the weater plugin use the yahoo weather api to get the city id from the text ,which you put in the search input element.

And we show all the result of city from yahoo api.

yahoo weathe website
http://weather.yahoo.com/

so this is a bug from yahoo weather api .  sorry!
Reply View the author
omelette
deepin
2013-12-22 08:27
I figured that the problem was with the US-centric Yahoo.  But why is Deepin using this source if it is only supplying locations of US-data?  I have just tried a few locations in China itself and none of them work!!!  It only works if I enter "china" - which is both ridiculous & hilarious!

PS: The temperature returned for "China" is -11 DegC - chilly, wherever that is!  I was feeling sorry for myself here at a relatively balmy 4 DegC in comparasion.
Reply View the author
yuanchenglu
deepin
2013-12-23 19:36
sorry! Yahoo weather don't provide the search of China City in these days.
http://www.linuxdeepin.com/forum/23/17449#wrap
I am fixing it! sorry.
I figured that the problem was with the US-centric Yahoo.  But why is Deepin using this source if it is only supplying locations of US-data?  I have just tried a few locations in China itself and none of them work!!!  It only works if I enter "china" - which is both ridiculous & hilarious!

PS: The temperature returned for "China" is -11 DegC - chilly, wherever that is!  I was feeling sorry for myself here at a relatively balmy 4 DegC in comparasion.
Reply View the author
re******re@gmail.com
deepin
2014-01-07 08:57
Hey Folks

Latest updates breaks weather applet, it's not working in two of my workstations at this point.  it is just blank under the clock, how do I restart applet?
Reply View the author
yuanchenglu
deepin
2014-01-08 18:18
sorry,this problem is very serious.
we will post update message to all the linuxdeepin users for this problem today , we have fixed it!

You can update your system Tomorrow.

thanks for you report!
Reply View the author
re******re@gmail.com
deepin
2014-01-09 13:37
you're welcome, thanks for addressing, however I closed out of the applet, how do I restart it?
Reply View the author
cxbii
deepin
2014-01-09 18:12
you're welcome, thanks for addressing, however I closed out of the applet, how do I restart it?
  1. gsettings set com.deepin.dde.desktop enabled-plugins '["clock","weather"]'
Copy the Code
try it.
Reply View the author
re******re@gmail.com
deepin
2014-01-10 16:55
hummm that command did not work, it is still just blank do I need to log out and back in ??
Reply View the author
yuanchenglu
deepin
2014-01-10 18:00
hummm that command did not work, it is still just blank do I need to log out and back in ??

sorry,we post the update of weather plugin in yesterday 5:30PM
so ,please update your system,and reboot your system.

If the weather plugin still is broken ,please check out  this file:
/usr/share/dde/resources/desktop/plugin/weather/weather.js

if it isn't exsit, then please tell me .

Thanks for your report!
Reply View the author
re******re@gmail.com
deepin
2014-01-14 07:04
yes it all worked out, thanks for the help, my desktop is looking like a million dollars again
Reply View the author
Bolo66
deepin
2014-03-14 23:00
I just rebooted and the weather app now works well and displays locations I chose in previous login.

This is what I wrote earlier:
I Love the weather applet, however it doesn't save my preferences.  When I reboot into the desktop session the locations that I chose on previous login are no longer displayed and I need to repeat the process of choosing locations every time I login.

Keep up the great work!
I look forward to your reply.
Reply View the author
yuanchenglu
deepin
2014-03-15 00:56
hi, I am the develper.

please check out the file exists or not :
~/.local/share/webkit/databases/file__0.localstorage

the databases contains the message of the weather plugin .

if it exists,please send it to my email:
yuanchenglu@linuxdeepin.com

I will analysis it,and find out the reseaon which puzzled you.

thanks!
Reply View the author
yuanchenglu
deepin
2014-03-15 00:57
I just rebooted and the weather app now works well and displays locations I chose in previous login.

I Love the weather applet, however it doesn't save my preferences.  When I reboot into the desktop session the locations that I chose on previous login are no longer displayed and I need to repeat the process of choosing locations every time I login.

Keep up the great work!
I look forward to your reply.

hi, I am the develper.

please check out the file exists or not :
~/.local/share/webkit/databases/file__0.localstorage

the databases contains the message of the weather plugin .

if it exists,please send it to my email:
yuanchenglu@linuxdeepin.com

I will analysis it,and find out the reseaon which puzzled you.

thanks!
Reply View the author