We need your help to have more language supported
Tofloor
poster avatar
cxbii
deepin
2013-12-03 01:26
Author
Since Linux Deepin 2013 was released, we have been asked by many of our users to translate it into different languages. We were planning to establish a translation platform, but the process is delayed because of the heavy development progress for the next generation of Linux Deepin. In light of our philosophy, we cherish community participation, so we are looking for volunteers to help with the translation. And we are calling it the Linux Deepin Localization Project.

Updated: For better collaboration, we have moved the Linux Deepin Localization Project to Transifex. So that people involved can see the overall progress, distinguish translated and untranslated items, and even contact other translators if they want to.
Though the method mentioned previously is still supported by our team, it is recommended that new translation be done on Transifex.

Linux Deepin’s translation project page on Transifex:
https://www.transifex.com/organization/linuxdeepin
Previous method mentioned:
We have extracted a collection of PO files for translation, which can be found on our GitHub page.
You can use a localization tool like Poedit to edit the PO files, or simply grab any tool you like, even a text editor. When you have finished translation, you can submit the translated PO files by mailing to us.
Apart from submitting the translated PO files to directly via email. You can also fork our GitHub page to create your own, and request merging after you’re done.
If you have any questions or issues regarding Linux Deepin Localization Project, please contact us.

Your contribution to Linux Deepin is appreciated by us.

Linux Deepin Team

Via:http://planet.linuxdeepin.com/20 ... th-the-translation/
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
BingoLove
deepin
2013-12-03 01:30
早就在想其实可以把翻译直接放github而不用自己做一个翻译平台
Reply View the author
cxbii
deepin
2013-12-03 01:34
早就在想其实可以把翻译直接放github而不用自己做一个翻译平台
github不方便,翻译者交流不变,而且我们翻译平台不只是翻译我们的软件,所以必须做
Reply View the author
132******96
deepin
2013-12-03 14:03
越来越国际化了!
Reply View the author
ngenechen
deepin
2013-12-04 15:05
I can help for Spanish language development if I have the PO files in English

Ben
Reply View the author
ManateeLazyCat
deepin
2013-12-04 17:04
I can help for Spanish language development if I have the PO files in English

Ben
ngenechen, all English po files at https://github.com/iceleaf916/deepin-po , you can look that.
Reply View the author
ahyanglf
deepin
2013-12-05 02:16
linux本来是世界的

支持吧
Reply View the author
sage2008
deepin
2013-12-08 19:08
希望Deepin能国际化!
建议Live CD模式能直接使用中文界面,或者有中文界面可以选择,毕竟我们是中国人,外语还是弱的!
Reply View the author
kardnex
deepin
2013-12-10 09:45
Dear developers,

I very like your distrib and want to help you with Russian language translation.
Unfortunatelly I didn't have expirience with linux distrib translations, but hope that we can do this with your support.

Can you please provide short explanaition how I can do this or provide link with instruction how-to.

Thanks in advance !
Reply View the author
lihongwu
deepin
2013-12-10 18:21
Dear developers,

I very like your distrib and want to help you with Russian language translation.
Unfortunatelly I didn't have expirience with linux distrib translations, but hope that we can do this with your support.

Can you please provide short explanaition how I can do this or provide link with instruction how-to.

Thanks in advance !

Hi, the translation can now be done on Transifex. It is very straightforward.
Please ask if you need further help. Thanks.

Our translation project on Transifex: https://www.transifex.com/organization/linuxdeepin
Reply View the author
648trindade
deepin
2013-12-11 22:50
Brazilian Portuguese translation in progress as promised. Very soon all PO files will be completely translated.
Reply View the author
cxbii
deepin
2013-12-11 22:54
Brazilian Portuguese translation in progress as promised. Very soon all PO files will be completely translated.
Well done!!
Reply View the author
corEr
deepin
2013-12-18 00:02
Hey,

I am currently helping out with the German translation.
There are some wrong translations though and I can not correct them since they are closed already, is there a way to cross check in transifex?

An where can I ask questions regarding unclear english translations?

Regards,

corEr
Reply View the author
lihongwu
deepin
2013-12-18 02:24
Hey,

There are some wrong translations though and I can not correct them since they are closed already, is there a way to cross check in transifex?

Regards,

corEr

Hi corEr,

I have changed your membership to coordinator for each German language translation project, so that you can translate either reviewed and unreviewed items. Also as a coordinator you can manage the membership for each project.

And I want to ask if you're willing to help manage Linux Deepin's German language translation projects. (though I have changed your membership to a coordinator already xD)

For unclear English translations, you can also ask me by either writing to me (and my email address is ) or PM me on the forum. If it is just "unclear", I'll help explain it. If it is considered to be a translation issue, I'll then have a reason to bother the developers to correct them. ;-)

Cheers,
Hongwu
Reply View the author
corEr
deepin
2013-12-18 03:54
Hey Hongwu,

since you already decided for me, yes, I am willing help and manage the German translation package ;) .

I wrote you a PM regarding the unclear translations.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
corEr
Reply View the author
188******76
deepin
2013-12-18 05:00
Hey,

Regards,

corEr
“an where can i".....aha! typische deutschsprachliche satzstellung!
Reply View the author
corEr
deepin
2013-12-18 05:11
“an where can i".....aha! typische deutschsprachliche satzstellung!

Don't know what's typicall German about it ?!
Nice try on your german though ;)

Regards
Reply View the author
188******76
deepin
2013-12-18 07:53
[quote]“an where can i".....aha! typische deutschsprachliche satzstellung!

Don't know what's typicall German about it ?!
Nice try on your german though ;)

Regards[/quote]
also uebringens bin ich student aus fremdsprache universitaet beijing, wenn Sie an china oder chinesisch interessiert sind, koennten Sie vielleicht mit mir reden. mein google+: bfsujiajinming@gmail.com
mein skype:bfsujiajinming@hotmail.com
Reply View the author
eggese
deepin
2013-12-25 01:02
我靠!老外都来用了!
Reply View the author
myq1991
deepin
2014-02-12 15:14
it's a shame that the only foreign language i can read is English...
Reply View the author
horvan
deepin
2015-05-18 05:55
Who is in response for the german translation team I just like to join you!
Reply View the author