Thoughts on DI 2013
Tofloor
poster avatar
Platypus
deepin
2013-12-11 21:06
Author
Hi there,
I'm running DI (Deepin) 2013 having jumped across from Ubuntu 13.10 due to stability issues. I am a former user of DI and I am very happy with the way the OS has progressed. I however, have a couple of thoughts/suggestions for consideration by the developers.

1. The lightdm login theme greeter is very dark heavy box and seems out of character with the rest of the delicate themes in DI. I would suggest rounded corners and perhaps a thinner black edge. The KDE greeter seems softer to me. KDE also have a GUI to configuring the greeter which would be useful.

2. I would love to see sharper English fonts for the desktop. I notice that the "halo" effect when selecting the desktop icon seems to limit the English characters and breaks up words in the middle making the desktop icons look weird. There is also a larger than normal spacing between the first and second line of the icon name/label. Once again, a tool to adjust the fonts (like in gnome-tweak) would be handy and a tools to adjust desktop icon preferences would also be useful.

3. Lastly, I would like to see a simple tool that allows adjustments to the dock. I used a large desktop screen and would like to adjust the size of the icons and bar to suit it. I am aware of the dconf.editor option to adopt "mini-mode" but something that allows more options for size would be useful (to me at least).

So far I have found DI 2013 more stable than its last version. Drawing packages from Ubuntu 13.04 raises a few concerns about future security once the development of these cease next year.

Keep up the good work,
Platypus
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
cxbii
deepin
2013-12-18 02:07
We will work hard, we will provide custom functionality.
thx~
Reply View the author
corEr
deepin
2013-12-18 03:02
1. The lightdm login theme greeter is very dark heavy box and seems out of character with the rest of the delicate themes in DI. I would suggest rounded corners and perhaps a thinner black edge. The KDE greeter seems softer to me. KDE also have a GUI to configuring the greeter which would be useful.

I actually like it light and the lightDM just works and evene looks great. I agree a thinner black edge would look nicer, the corners are already rounded though, mine at least.
2. I would love to see sharper English fonts for the desktop. I notice that the "halo" effect when selecting the desktop icon seems to limit the English characters and breaks up words in the middle making the desktop icons look weird. There is also a larger than normal spacing between the first and second line of the icon name/label. Once again, a tool to adjust the fonts (like in gnome-tweak) would be handy and a tools to adjust desktop icon preferences would also be useful.
3. Lastly, I would like to see a simple tool that allows adjustments to the dock. I used a large desktop screen and would like to adjust the size of the icons and bar to suit it. I am aware of the dconf.editor option to adopt "mini-mode" but something that allows more options for size would be useful (to me at least).

Totally agree in all points, not very fond of the gnome-tweak-tool though.
And since I do not like the Icons size as well I enabled the auto-hide function, too lazy for dconf..

Regards,

corEr
Reply View the author
corEr
deepin
2013-12-18 14:42
Also an integration of the 'gufw' package would be nice since Deepin already comes with ufw, why not giving the user the chance to configure it more easy.

Regards
Reply View the author