in chroot can not connect to net
Tofloor
poster avatar
whatnext
deepin
2014-01-18 05:03
Author
Hi people,
My first post here. First of all I congratulate all those who involved in Linux Deepin team. It's just fantastic!
Back to topic, I downloaded LinuxDeepin 2013 iso then I opened it with ubuntu-builder, then I chrooted into it, I want to add some packeges such as onboard virtual keyboard into it to use it through usb stick, but I am unable to update it because it can not connect to net.
I tried
  1. sudo cp  /etc/hostname  /home/ubuntu-builder/FileSystem/etc/hostname
Copy the Code
  1. sudo cp /etc/hosts /home/ubuntu-builder/FileSystem/etc/hosts
Copy the Code
  1. sudo cp  /etc/network/interfaces /home/ubuntu-builder/FileSystem/etc/network/interfaces
Copy the Code
  1. sudo cp /etc/resolv.conf /home/ubuntu-builder/FileSystem/etc/resolv.conf
Copy the Code
then
  1. apt-get update
Copy the Code
it fails
I tried
  1. ping google.com
Copy the Code
without luck.
Would you please guide me how to overcome that hurdle?
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
nohappiness
deepin
2014-01-20 18:48
Well, for the first I couldn't find the download page for ubuntu-builder, I actually have no idea how it does not work, but here's some advices:

First, are the `/dev',`/proc',`/sys' filesystems mounted in chroot environment ? Without them the chroot system must not have internet connections :-)
Second, did you have a dial client that create the internet connection? Maybe it just not work in chroot.

Well it just occurs to me that have you ever tried the commands that diagnose internet connections? such like `ip a', `ifconfig', `ip route' etc. ? They could give you some information, both for you and for us.
Reply View the author