Display language changed
Tofloor
poster avatar
Zeugitai
deepin
2014-01-20 17:41
Author
Yesterday I set up Linux Deepin 2013 and selected English.  The installation completed successfully and the whole system was using English as its display language.  

Today I started the system and the display language is in Chinese.  I don't know why or how the display language changed.

I admit to being new to Linux.  I am just beginning to learn how to use this system.  Does anyone know why the display language changed and how to change it back?  Is this something I can choose and change "on the fly?"

Thanks!!
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
lihongwu
deepin
2014-01-20 17:51
Open your terminal, and use the following command to start the GNOME Language Selector:
  1. LANGUAGE=en_US gnome-language-selector
Copy the Code

You can use it to change your system's default locale.

As to why and how the display language changed, I'll ask the developers to see if they had got something wrong.
Reply View the author
Zeugitai
deepin
2014-01-20 18:15
Open your terminal, and use the following command to start the GNOME Language Selector:
  1. LANGUAGE=en_US gnome-language-selector
Copy the Code

You can use it to change your system's default locale.

As to why and how the display language changed, I'll ask the developers to see if they had got something wrong.

Thank you.  I found the language settings in the software center.  I have set English on top of the list of two languages.  The default locale is still US as it was yesterday.
Reply View the author
Zeugitai
deepin
2014-01-20 18:31
The weird thing is: I installed with English selected and my locale as US.  It was seemingly perfect yesterday.  Today, Everything is in Chinese.  I can read some Chinese, and my wife is Chinese, so this is not a big problem, but it would be more convenient if the display language could be selected to suit the user.  Also, I'll need the English version of the user's manual!

Thanks, again!
Reply View the author
tomadam123
deepin
2022-11-24 08:43
The user is banned, and the content is hidden.
v***3@gmail.com
deepin
2024-02-29 09:16

The article I saw was interesting because of the presentation.

legit gta 5 online modded accounts

Reply View the author