After several months of use
Tofloor
poster avatar
lizardo221
deepin
2014-03-31 05:48
Author
hey, guy, the following command can be used in vi or terminal window, and U might find ur time&weather applet come back. Good luck... :mrgreen:
  1. gsettings set com.deepin.dde.desktop enabled-plugins '["clock","weather"]'
Copy the Code
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
lizardo221
deepin
2014-03-06 15:41
So I have used this os for several months now and have a handful of thoughts and points that I hope the developers will reflect on to some degree.

- When I hover over the snapshot tool, the text is still in chinese.
- When you go to the personalization option, the ability to create a slideshow of backgrounds is not available (something  I know as a fact you had in an older version).
- Your popup window (not the one from hovering, but the one that you see on the right of your screen) for the app center is still in chinese.
- the app center itself has a horrible load time for updates and new apps (and no, if I am using your "official" mirror, there shouldn't be a problem).
- Your video player, like most things created by the deepin team, is lovely and wonderful to use, but I could not play half my videos thanks to formatting (when I was on elementary os, the momement this problem came up, the video player automatically opened a window to allow me to update formats).
- I would suggestion in your manual to state how I can change work stations and perhaps a list of useful keyboard shortcuts (all the advance users please sit down, this is just a suggestion so middle road users can have a means of learning some of your wiley tricks).
- When I run steam, the little icon appears in the bottom right corner. Now, when you exit it, and then turn it back on, then exit, and so on, the computer doesn't seem to remove the previous icon all together, leaving this little blank spot between icons that won't go away until you logout.
- The game center is almost entirely in chinese and many of the games I see have trademarked characters that worry me you are actively distributing illegal products (I'd frankly consider temporarily dropping this from western distros or do some kind of revamp - not so much because of the chinese, but because all the possible illegal games makes the OS fall into the stereotype of "bad, fake chinese products").
- The weather app I removed and now, I frankly have no idea how to put it back if I wanted to (without spending an hour learning how its stored and what line of code or file I need to find to fix it).

I don't make these points out of spite, but to help the OS improve since I think the polish and design is what the linux world needs to reach average users. If I think of anything else, I will make note of it.
Reply View the author
cxbii
deepin
2014-03-06 17:35
Thank, I have to report, we will fix.
Reply View the author
electricface
deepin
2014-03-06 17:54
When I hover over the snapshot tool, the text is still in chinese.
Can you upload a screenshot? press Ctrl + PrintScreen to delay Screenshot.

what format of the video can not play?
Reply View the author
lizardo221
deepin
2014-03-06 21:20
When I hover, it is still in chinese

As for the video player, it was mkv and mp4 (aware of of how it relates to windows). I installed vlc player later on and everything ran out of the box (that or it prompted me to download any formats that might be a problem).

Another problem (really three the more I think about it) came up that I had forgotten. When I close the software center (might be when its in the middle of doing something if you want to replicate the problem), I still get this little icon of it in my set of icons in the right corner. I try to right click it to close it, and (third problem) all I see is a line of chinese where I hover and no way of actually closing it short of logging out.

Reply View the author
electricface
deepin
2014-03-06 21:31
but on my computer, deepin media player can play mkv and mp4 video file.

I can not see the picture you upload
Reply View the author
lizardo221
deepin
2014-03-06 21:37
http://1drv.ms/1fJuN8e

http://1drv.ms/1fJuSJd

tell me if those work and I am playing the video player from scratch so I never installed other formats into my computer so maybe there is a difference there.

Another point that maybe we could call more of a difference in style than a flaw is that the PDF viewer does not show page breaks (a document of many pages looks like 1 long, single sheet). Many linux distros have a standard PDF viewer that typically shows the page breaks.
Reply View the author
fredy4212
deepin
2014-03-08 08:19
I think you can join translation.Deepin needs your help.There is an article can be helpful for you.
http://planet.linuxdeepin.com/2013/12/0 ... anslation/
Reply View the author
lizardo221
deepin
2014-03-08 22:34
I took a peek at the list and found that it was all in english and most likely intended for people of other languages. Something tells me english is not at the bottom of the language totem pole here.
Reply View the author
kingskill
deepin
2014-03-31 06:06
- The game center is almost entirely in Chinese and many of the games I see have trademarked characters that worry me you are actively distributing illegal products (I'd frankly consider temporarily dropping this from western distros or do some kind of revamp - not so much because of the chinese, but because all the possible illegal games makes the OS fall into the stereotype of "bad, fake chinese products").

Hey, what r u talking about? Illegal games? Which one? I just saw many pop flash games in the game center (not the game in the software center, those are collected from the whole Linux world... :mrgreen: ).

Perhaps the flash game cannot be argued as illegal I think....
Reply View the author
kingskill
deepin
2014-04-01 00:37
http://1drv.ms/1fJuN8e

http://1drv.ms/1fJuSJd

tell me if those work and I am playing the video player from scratch so I never installed other formats into my computer so maybe there is a difference there.

Another point that maybe we could call more of a difference in style than a flaw is that the PDF viewer does not show page breaks (a document of many pages looks like 1 long, single sheet). Many linux distros have a standard PDF viewer that typically shows the page breaks.

I've seen the two pics and unfortunately I've to tell U that the bug of Chinese words label might be fixed in deepinlinux 2014...The version might released in several weeks。。。
Reply View the author