Beta observations and concerns
Tofloor
poster avatar
Platypus
deepin
2014-05-27 13:30
Author
there is no problem for me when I use right click -> clean up on trash icon.
The confirmation popup appears and it work fine.
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
Platypus
deepin
2014-05-17 20:52
Hi there,

I'm running the beta of 2014 and it certainly is more stable than the alpha - as you would expect. Here are some observations and in some cases I will file some bug reports:

1) The "grub" doesn't pick up all the operating systems on the computer. It seems only after using the control centre and indicating preferred boot partition does it pick up the other OSs.

2) Nvidia driver installed and worked but **I think** it kills the Control Panel - it is that or some other app that I installed such as synaptic or classic - indicator applet that is responsible.

3) The dock lacks configuration. I notice that the trash can can't be removed with a right click.

4) A plugged in USB card reader stops the boot up (probably a kernel issue).

5) Star ratings in Package manager do strange things with a mouse over.

6) Fonts clarity and apostophe 's' remain an issue. The solution is the install ttf-mccorefonts-installer and then configure your apps with these. Kingsoft Writer standard fonts are bad for this. Their version of TimesNewRoman is a main offender. Install the MS fonts and use those.

7) I would like the icons on the app menu to be brought closer together as with DI 2013. On a big screen the 2014 icons are all over the screen.

Cheers for now
Reply View the author
Platypus
deepin
2014-05-20 16:20
@ 6) Install this with Synaptic because Deepin Software Center doesn't run the copyright script you need to agree to before installing.
Reply View the author
gognos
deepin
2014-05-21 00:43
@ 6 Agree it looks awful

Though I don't think TimesNewRoman is installed as i couldnt find it in the font folders and i get this
Reply View the author
gognos
deepin
2014-05-21 01:25
@3 i also noticed when using the show/hide dock shortcut (SUPER + H) the dock only remains hidden for around 5 seconds then comes back. Not sure if that is a known bug or not
Reply View the author
Platypus
deepin
2014-05-22 14:12
It's a bug by the sounds of it.
Reply View the author
Platypus
deepin
2014-05-22 14:19
Gognos,

About NewTimesRoman in Kingsoft Writer;  Did you install the Microsoft core fonts using Synaptic? Sometimes a logout and login might be required.

Another tip that I found fixed a problem in thunderbird was to install the Ubuntu fonts and use these for Mono and the default font.
Reply View the author
Feng Yu
deepin
2014-05-24 00:53
@ 6 Agree it looks awful

Though I don't think TimesNewRoman is installed as i couldnt find it in the font folders and i get this
see: http://wps-community.org/download/fonts/
Reply View the author
Feng Yu
deepin
2014-05-24 01:02
@ 2. Saying of Linus: "So nvidia, fuck you!"(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4SWxWIOVBM)

-ha, it's just a joke.
Reply View the author
corEr
deepin
2014-05-26 13:51
- When Kingsoft and Chrome are maximized, they can't be dragged.
- Also have the problem that dock is not auto-hiding
- Personalization is missing swith of Iconset, fontset, etc.

I know it is still beta ;)

Regards,

corEr
Reply View the author
corEr
deepin
2014-05-27 02:37
- When using Right click -> Clean up on trash icon, my whole system is going to halt and I have to restart Deepin

Regards,

corEr
Reply View the author
Feng Yu
deepin
2014-05-27 03:41
- When using Right click -> Clean up on trash icon, my whole system is going to halt and I have to restart Deepin

Regards,

corEr

This bug is known. Deepin's develops will fix it.
Reply View the author
nico988
deepin
2014-05-28 20:34
Hi,

Can we have a possibility to display date somewhere, maybe on the icon in the dock or maybe a widget on the bottom of the screen, and a possibility to switch off in the "date and time" panel in the deepin control center ?
Reply View the author