Deepin 2014 RC1 - Control Center Dock Stopped Working
Tofloor
poster avatar
dogbert0360
deepin
2014-06-16 13:21
Author
First let me say that I love Deepin 2014 and that it looks very impressive. Very modern looking and very well done.

One thing that I will say that the main installer is not working so I was able to do it using the Dee pin Installer Release. Everything seems to be working fine but now my Control Center Dock has stopped responding. It was sliding in and out fine but now it won't do anything.

Is there any way that I can fix it?

I also wish to add my ability to right click on the desktop stopped working too. It still works within the file manager though. Can this be fixed too?
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
Shinmaru
deepin
2014-06-16 16:35
It'll require you to get dirty, but there is a good chance the control center is not working because of nvidia drivers.

http://www.linuxdeepin.com/forum/topic? ... f=8#p98688
I posted a workaround.
Reply View the author
dogbert0360
deepin
2014-06-16 18:04
Your right. I just did a re-install of deepin 2014 rc1 and then installed the latest nvidia drivers (nvidia-331).  Before the control-center dock was working and after installing the video drivers it stopped along with the ability to right - click on the desktop.
Reply View the author
dogbert0360
deepin
2014-06-16 18:45
Tried what you did with no luck so I removed nvidia-331 driver. As expected control-center dock and right-click of desktop returned. I'll wait till an update patch will fix this. Soon I hope!
Reply View the author