Bluetooth Speaker Setup Advice Please
Tofloor
poster avatar
vausey
deepin
2014-06-25 14:34
Author
I don't know if it's me doing something wrong but has anyone managed to configure a bluetooth speaker?

I can see the speaker in the Bluetooth menu but am not sure if I've connected to it (I wasn't asked for passcode).  The Bluetooth on my laptop isn't discoverable (again I don't know how to change this or if it's linked to the problem)

I also don't see the Bluetooth speaker as an ouput device in the advanced settings of the audio control panel.

Please can anyone offer any help or advise if this isnt yet possible in Deepin 2014.
Thanks to the dev team - l Ioved Deepin 2013 and this is already much better :-)
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
ManateeLazyCat
deepin
2014-06-25 16:46
We use Bluez5 to develop bluetooth module, and bluez5 need pluseaudio5.0, but Deepin 2014 use pluseaudio4.0, we haven't add audio support in bluetooth module for stable.
We will upgrade to pluseaudio5.0 after release Deepin 2014, then audio device will support.

Thanks for your report, have a nice day! ;)
Reply View the author
Willem_
deepin
2015-05-28 08:56
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/22617
We use Bluez5 to develop bluetooth module, and bluez5 need pluseaudio5.0, but Deepin 2014 use plusea ...

I am trying to connect my Zik Parrot bluetooth headphones, but get the same result. It does connect, but it's not showing up in the Audio settings menu.

Is this related to this problem?

Thank you!
Reply View the author