Deepin 2014 RC - No Desktop Environment
Tofloor
poster avatar
Steerpike
deepin
2014-06-30 04:31
Author
[quote]CTRL+ALT+F1 will enter the tty1. Note that tty will not echo your password, just input your password, you will enter the tty mode.

Try to reinstall the dde by using this command:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install --reinstall dde-workspace

Hi, my friend has the same problem as him, but these commands don't work. "Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix missing?"[/quote]

Upload the directory "/etc/apt/", or you can check file /etc/apt/source.list and /etc/apt/source.list.d/*.list. Maybe the duplicate repos within them.
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
Steerpike
deepin
2014-06-27 11:12
Here's an interesting issue - I installed Deepin 2014 RC to a USB drive. When I boot the LiveUSB, everything works fine. When I install, and reboot, I get the normal Deepin logo splash screen as the OS is loading, then I get a black box on screen that tells me there is no desktop environment. I can get to the command line, but can't do anything from there (it won't accept any of my passwords).

I've installed twice and received the same result both times. It seems strange, since the OS works just fine from the LiveUSB itself. Something isn't getting installed right when I run the installation.
Reply View the author
Feng Yu
deepin
2014-06-27 18:13
CTRL+ALT+F1 will enter the tty1. Note that tty will not echo your password, just input your password, you will enter the tty mode.

sudo apt-get update
Reply View the author
richie4422
deepin
2014-06-29 08:32
CTRL+ALT+F1 will enter the tty1. Note that tty will not echo your password, just input your password, you will enter the tty mode.

sudo apt-get update

Hi, my friend has the same problem as him, but these commands don't work. "Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix missing?"
Reply View the author
cxbii
deepin
2014-07-14 18:54
Hello Everyone, this problem has been solved in Deepin 2014, please load the newest ISO to install.
Reply View the author