Nvidia issue again after update
Tofloor
poster avatar
Platypus
deepin
2014-07-03 02:23
Author
Hi,

After a recent update I have lost Control Center once again and the hot corners don't work. I had lost these functions previously but I was able to edit xorg.conf to fix the problem. These hacks no longer do the trick.

I am running Nvidia 331.

Any advice welcome.

Platypus
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
Platypus
deepin
2014-07-03 02:30
Further information: I tried starting it in terminal and here is the read out:

DI2014-RC:~$ dde-control-center
==> [info] Language: en_US
==> [info] initTrayIcon emit
QSGContext::initialize: stencil buffer support missing, expect rendering errors
QOpenGLShader: could not create shader
QOpenGLShaderProgram: could not create shader program
QOpenGLShaderProgram::uniformLocation( imageTexture ): shader program is not linked
QOpenGLShaderProgram::uniformLocation( imageTexture ): shader program is not linked
QOpenGLShaderProgram: could not create shader program
Renderer failed shader compilation:
""
Segmentation fault

Cheers
Platypus
Reply View the author
cxbii
deepin
2014-07-14 19:05
Please uninstall the Nvidia drive, because it will cause failure to  QT5 program.
Reply View the author
eco2geek
deepin
2014-07-20 20:10
Please uninstall the Nvidia drive, because it will cause failure to QT5 program.
That's not entirely true.

With the nvidia drivers from Ubuntu's repositories, the right-click context menu won't display, and the control center ("dde-control-center") won't display either.

However, if one blacklists the nouveau driver and installs the stock nvidia driver, downloaded from Nvidia's website, it works fine (I also have to create a custom xorg.conf in order to get the correct screen resolution). So the problem is with Ubuntu's packaged nvidia drivers.

I am not a programmer, but this seems to be a known bug with PyQt vs. Ubuntu's modifications to the nvidia driver. For example, see this bug report on Launchpad.
Reply View the author
cxbii
deepin
2014-07-21 21:41
Thanks for your comment. Ubuntu uses different technology from us, we use QT5, so this problem occurred.
Reply View the author