[solved] Dock in Deepin 2014
Tofloor
poster avatar
historyb
deepin
2014-07-07 15:51
Author
Just updated from RC to final and now the dock does not show up, how do I get it back
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
dogbert0360
deepin
2014-07-07 17:32
I'm afraid since you were using the rc version that you may have to bite the bullet and do a clean install using the final version
May I ask you if you recently installed the nvidia video driver? If you have this may be your problem. Nvidia drivers can cause the system side dock to become unresponsive. Simply uninstall the driver using the terminal, reboot and all should be well.
Reply View the author
electricface
deepin
2014-07-07 17:35
gsettings set com.deepin.dde.dock  hide-mode 'keep-showing'
Reply View the author
historyb
deepin
2014-07-07 19:29
I'm afraid since you were using the rc version that you may have to bite the bullet and do a clean install using the final version
May I ask you if you recently installed the nvidia video driver? If you have this may be your problem. Nvidia drivers can cause the system side dock to become unresponsive. Simply uninstall the driver using the terminal, reboot and all should be well.

No Nvidia here, Intel. It has mysteriously reappeared.
Reply View the author
bunticlick
deepin
2014-07-08 11:15
!!! NOT SOLVED !!!
Same Problem on Intel Hardware with Intel Grafiks.
The culprit on my system, as often has been in the past, is the half a***d internationalization by Deepin. Deepins decision to discard the mainly working language tools of ubuntu and develop software that conflicts with them led to great stability problems in past relases. Their new attempt seems flawed as well. Once i change the language in the control center to german the dock will vanish after restard and the upper left hotcorner will only work erraticaly. Changing the langauge setting back to american english will restore the dock after restart and stable hotcorner function is also back. Reverting to american english also reset the desktop background to the deepin default (on my system that is)?!
As for this being a "stable" release...
Reply View the author
dogbert0360
deepin
2014-07-08 12:21
Terriblely sorry that your having such problems. Hopefully one of the deepin dev team members will read this and come up with a solution.

electricface or anyone else wish to aid this user? Intel graphics are pretty decent and I almost bought a laptop that had one.  But my fondness for nvidia won out.  I truly hope that this issue will get answered soon.
Reply View the author
historyb
deepin
2014-07-08 12:21
!!! NOT SOLVED !!!
Same Problem on Intel Hardware with Intel Graphics.
The culprit on my system, as often has been in the past, is the half a***d internationalization by Deepin. Deepin's decision to discard the mainly working language tools of Ubuntu and develop software that conflicts with them led to great stability problems in past releases. Their new attempt seems flawed as well. Once I change the language in the control center to German the dock will vanish after restarted and the upper left hot corner will only work erratically. Changing the language setting back to American English will restore the dock after restart and stable hot corner function is also back. Reverting to American English also reset the desktop background to the Deepin default (on my system that is)?!
As for this being a "stable" release...

Yours may not be solved but so far mine is.
Reply View the author