How to add an additional source
Tofloor
poster avatar
Platypus
deepin
2014-07-09 17:40
Author
What source did you try to load? Care to share so I can give it a shot?
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
Platypus
deepin
2014-07-08 17:17
I tried to load a source for my Samsung Printer through 1) Terminal 2) Synaptic (not in the repos these days...go figure. None of them worked!!!!

I eventually went to /etc/apt/sources.list to manually add it. There is a warning against touching that file but I did anyway because in other distros (including DI 2013) it has never been a problem.

So,  how do I install an extra source so I can download my printer drivers.
Reply View the author
Platypus
deepin
2014-07-09 18:59
Sure have a go.
  1. deb http://www.bchemnet.com/suldr/ debian extra
Copy the Code

I would be interested to see how you go.

Platypus
Reply View the author
cxbii
deepin
2014-07-14 19:48
Sorry, Deepin is based on Ubuntu and so add debian source is prohibited;  DI 2013 security is not enough, so you can add.
Reply View the author
Platypus
deepin
2014-07-14 20:15
Thanks for the reply but I've moved on.

I need my computer for my work, and there were too many problems and bugs in this release to allow me to do that. I will be watching Deepin's  progress as I still love the innovation you bring. Perhaps I will load the next release and give it a go...
Reply View the author
Maggieszd
deepin
2014-07-17 18:45
Thanks for the reply but I've moved on.

I need my computer for my work, and there were too many problems and bugs in this release to allow me to do that. I will be watching Deepin's  progress as I still love the innovation you bring. Perhaps I will load the next release and give it a go...

Thanks for your concern, please continue your attention on Deepin.
Reply View the author
Feng Yu
deepin
2014-07-20 02:01
If you really want to add an additional source, it's not recommend to modify the /etc/apt/sources.list. Just create a .list file in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ .

For example:
Add the official virtualbox repo:
Create /etc/apt/sources.list.d/virtualbox.list with
  1. deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian trusty contrib
Copy the Code
then
  1. wget -q http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian/oracle_vbox.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add -
Copy the Code
finally
  1. sudo apt-get update
Copy the Code
to update local repo cache.

Note, the additional repo must end with .list.
Reply View the author
adrian429
deepin
2014-09-21 18:17
I need help changing the source list, i am complete noob and this is my first linux distro. So any help will be much  appreciated
Reply View the author
Maggieszd
deepin
2014-09-23 19:38
Please execute the following command in terminal:

sudo  nautilus /usr/share/deepin-software-center/mirrors

input your password and enter(actually this is nothing input),select the file name (source address) and then change the value of priority to be the smallest,so it can be in the nearest location.
Reply View the author