How to remove windows maximizing on edge?
Tofloor
poster avatar
bobzr
deepin
2014-07-15 08:14
Author
Is it possible to configure some compiz options like removing the automatic maximizing of windows when they are dragged on the top edge?
It would also be great to be able to display all workspaces in 'expo view' by assigning a screen corner or a keyboard shortcut. Can it be done in Deepin?
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
cxbii
deepin
2014-07-16 18:09
Yes, you can do it.
Please execute the following command in terminal:
ccsm
in the compiz adjustment tool to set.
Reply View the author
bobzr
deepin
2014-07-17 11:01
Oh thanks a lot, I didn't know ccsm was already installed (but hidden for unknown reason???)
Reply View the author
Maggieszd
deepin
2014-07-17 19:26
Oh thanks a lot, I didn't know ccsm was already installed (but hidden for unknown reason???)
ccsm is default installed in the system, but we hide it because it will cause some problems.
Now please execute the following command  in the terminal to open the software
  1. ccsm
Copy the Code

under Window management  and do not choose Grid, then you will get what you want.
Reply View the author
bobzr
deepin
2014-07-18 09:19
ccsm is default installed in the system, but we hide it because it will cause some problems.
I don't know what "some problems" you are referring to. The fact is, in Ubuntu you have to install ccsm to play with compiz. Normal behaviour for me was to go to Deepin software centre and install ccsm. This broke the system, only black screen on login. So I don't think it's a good idea to keep ccsm hidden, everybody should know that it's already installed!  ;)
Reply View the author
cxbii
deepin
2014-07-18 18:47
"some problems"  means breaking the system, black screen and so on, which you have seem, so we hide it.
The developer of compiz has worked for Ubuntu, so no problem occurred in Ubuntu.   But many problem caused by compiz in other desktop environment.

We will develop our own window manager, which will be smart than hiding ccsm. What do you think of our idea?
Reply View the author
bobzr
deepin
2014-07-19 07:42
hi cxbii, thanks for replying and I can assure you that - now that I KNOW that ccms is installed - I am using it and no problem has occurred so far! The problem was trying to install it, (because I didn't know that it was already installed. Hope that I make me understand
Now if compiz will be replaced with something else better suited for Deepin, that will be great news of course.
Reply View the author
cxbii
deepin
2014-07-21 17:40
Thanks for your support and please continue to pay attention on us.
Reply View the author