New to Deepin
Tofloor
poster avatar
Spectre
deepin
2014-07-16 15:36
Author
Hi Everyone,

I just started using Deepin last week and so far I really like it.

It's user interface is great and it runs very quick, smoothly and responsively.

I did run into a couple of issues though.

The Bluetooth is not running reliably and LibreOffice needed to have the dictionary & thesaurus installed manually but overall I am very impressed with Deepin 2014.

I am looking forward to the future development and improvements of the Deepin OS.

Keep up the great work:-)
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
a287740928
deepin
2014-07-16 17:01
thanks for your positively appraise,i like it too.the function of bluetooth  is still under testing  now.Deepin don't want to release an unstable function.To the other qustion i strongly recommend you can use wps instead of libreoffice ,it work excellently.thanks for your report,i hope my words can help you.
Reply View the author
Spectre
deepin
2014-07-17 07:00
To the other qustion i strongly recommend you can use wps instead of libreoffice ,it work excellently.thanks for your report,i hope my words can help you.
I have checked out WPS a couple of times and it looks great but with it still being in the Alpha development stage in Linux I would rather wait until the Final release before using it on a day to day basis.

Besides the only issue that I had with LibreOffice was that the dictionary & thesaurus needed to be installed because it wasn't installed by default with the Deepin 2014 installation.

I will probably give WPS another look when it is getting close to a final release.
Reply View the author
Maggieszd
deepin
2014-07-17 19:47
Thanks for your comments.
Yes, our function of Bluetooth is indeed not perfected, what we are doing is using Bluetooth to connect with mouse, keyboard and so on, not very strong Bluetooth management function.
Reply View the author
Spectre
deepin
2014-07-19 02:01
Thanks for your comments.
Yes, our function of Bluetooth is indeed not perfected, what we are doing is using Bluetooth to connect with mouse, keyboard and so on, not very strong Bluetooth management function.
That is the only thing that I am using it for.

I use a Bluetooth Mouse with my Laptop so I don't have to use a USB port.

It is totally random when the Bluetooth Mouse will stop working and I put new batteries in the Mouse to make sure that was not the problem.
Reply View the author