Deepin Store - updating is stuck
Tofloor
poster avatar
yuvii
deepin
2014-07-20 22:24
Author
Updating through Deepin Store constantly gets stuck - it downloads part of the needed downloads (very slowly I should add) and gets stuck.

For example, a current update requires 58.61MB which isn't a lot. It got stuck around 43.61MB, telling me it's downloading at a rate of 8kb/s (which is very slow, my internet's way faster), but even then it isn't progressing at all. It's just stuck at 43.

This isn't the first time this has happened - the last time I just updated through command line and had to restart the entire computer so the store will refresh. It drives me crazy that there's no cancel button on updates (I mean, things get stuck. OK. I'll just try again, it'll be fine).

Has anyone else had similar issues?
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
Spectre
deepin
2014-07-21 02:40
After you open the Deepin Store click on the little down arrow in the upper right hand corner and select Preferences then select Mirrors then click on Select the best mirror.

After that your Update Download speeds should be much better.
DeepinScreenshot20140720062511.png
DeepinScreenshot20140720062614.png
Reply View the author
yuvii
deepin
2014-07-21 03:25
Thanks, I did that.

But how do I tell it to stop trying to update?
I already did `sudo apt-get dist-upgrade`, and installed the updates through command line - but still every time I open the store it tries to continue the updates from before. Closing and re-opening the store doesn't help (nor logging out). Only restart works
Reply View the author
Spectre
deepin
2014-07-21 06:35
Try the command below...
  1. sudo apt-get autoclean
Copy the Code
Apt-Get Info...
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AptGet/Howto
Reply View the author
cxbii
deepin
2014-07-21 21:34
Our design is to continue the updates from before. please tell us your country and we will add more mirrors to improve the update speed.
Reply View the author
yuvii
deepin
2014-07-27 10:04
I live in Israel
Reply View the author
Maggieszd
deepin
2014-07-28 19:33
We found two mirrors in your country
http://mirror.isoc.org.il/ and http://releases.ubuntu.spd.co.il/

and try to contact them, but no reply.
Could you help us to contact them to add our mirror?
There are their email:
kaplan AT debian.org
kaplanlior AT gmail.com
Reply View the author
omelette
deepin
2014-08-02 01:03
I usually replace Deepin Store (or the old Software Center) with Synaptic after a fresh install.

Deepin Store does not work well - it freezes for up to 30sec on starting, often crashes without issuing an error-message, and gives the user no indication of how much of the installation has been completed.  It is not even possible to know if a software update is proceeding or if it has stalled - which with slow servers, often occurs.

At the very minimum, the developers should show how much of the update has been completed, or better yet, list each file as it is being installed - just like Synaptic does!

In short, Deepin Store should be avoided - use Synaptic instead.
Reply View the author
Maggieszd
deepin
2014-08-04 22:46
Currently, where you stuck is in the process of downloading the updated installation package, the information of how much of the update has been completed has been shown in the the progress bar when downloading and updating in Software Center.
Reply View the author
masonf
deepin
2014-08-05 02:44
Maggieszd:

I don't know what to make of the Deepin Store. Tonight I tried to use Synaptic to install software, but it failed. So, I decided to give the Deepin Software Center (I like that name much better than calling it a store) another try. I let it choose the fastest mirror and everything began well.

However, the progress bar filled completely, but the installation went on and on and on. There was no indication that the installation was complete. Finally, I closed the "Store" after 40 minutes and checked to see if the software was on the desktop. No. I restarted the computer to see if that made a difference, but it didn't.

So, I went back to the "Store" and started all over. Only this time the "Store" took only a few seconds and reported that the software was successfully installed. Clearly, the first attempt had successfully downloaded the package, but apparently it had not installed it. Honestly, I don't know how the store is supposed to work.

Perhaps, you should explain exactly what steps a user should take to begin and complete installation of software. Right now, I don't think the Deepin Store works the way it is supposed to.
Reply View the author
Maggieszd
deepin
2014-08-06 00:59
@masonf, please view the information you want in the last category on the top of Deepin Store.
Reply View the author
Adjan
deepin
2014-08-06 10:52
About updating from different mirrors, why do some mirrors lack apps from the store? Most of the apps aren't in South Africa's database (SAIX and WebAfrica). Is there anyway I can help keep these 2 mirrors up to date?
Reply View the author
yuvii
deepin
2014-08-07 12:51
I'd like to add that the real terrifying problems of the deepin store is that it won't warn you if installing a package will remove important core packages. See my thread here for more details: http://www.linuxdeepin.com/forum/25/23618

Until there's a fix for this, I advise you all to use synaptic and avoid the deepin store.
Reply View the author
Maggieszd
deepin
2014-08-08 00:45
@yuvii

This problem has been confirmed, we are talking about the solution. If the lock core packages can't be uninstalled, but which is uninstalled by third party software, and these packages can not be installed in the Software Centre, because it is locked.
Reply View the author
Maggieszd
deepin
2014-08-08 01:15
@Adjan
http://ftp.wa.co.za/pub/deepin/ is in our library, we have two South Africa mirror sources, you can change to another one.
Reply View the author
yuvii
deepin
2014-08-10 22:38
@yuvii

This problem has been confirmed, we are talking about the solution.

That's good to hear. I would love to know when the fix will be released, and then I'll try using the store once again
Reply View the author
Maggieszd
deepin
2014-08-14 00:04
We will fix it ASAP, because the work load is too heavy, we need more time.
Good news, we will develop Deepin Store 3.0 version.
Reply View the author