Deepin 2014 Mouse Hover Issues
Tofloor
poster avatar
stevedude
deepin
2014-07-25 03:25
Author
Hello Deepin Team,
I started using Deepin 64-bit and I love it! Best DE for Linux. I have run into some issues that I wanted to bring to your attention.

This issue has been reported before, but the Calendar function shows 1 day ahead from the actual date when you mouse over the Dock Widget, or if you launch the Calendar in your settings panel and mouse over a date.

12 hour time shows correctly in the Date and Time panel, but not on the Dock Widget.

Some icons on the Dock will not show information on an initial mouse over. I have to click on the Dock and try again. Sometimes the Network Widget icon will try to display setting information on mouse over, but I have to hover a few times before it does.

Lastly, the settings panel on the right, covers icons on the dock when it slides out. If you add additional program icons to your dock, they get covered up. I would recommend that the dock always be "in front".

Thank you and keep up the great work.
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
Maggieszd
deepin
2014-07-25 17:49
Thanks for your report, we'd like to know whether you install Deepin 2014 on virtual machine?
Q1:Wrong Calendar function does not occur in our testing, so we will check it again.
Q2:  Dock will not show information, we will check it ASAP
Q3:  Settings panel  is prior to any other programs, so it will cover icons on the dock, which is our design, but we will consider your advice.
Reply View the author
stevedude
deepin
2014-07-29 18:07
Yes, I did install on a virtual machine to make sure everything would work as anticipated before I moved my data. Maybe the virtual machine is also causing the dock hover issue too?

The settings panel is not a big issue for me, it is just a suggestion because I happened to have the settings panel revealed when I wanted to click on a dock icon, but it was covered.
Reply View the author
Maggieszd
deepin
2014-07-29 19:03
Deepin can be installed in a virtual machine.But compiz runs slowly in a virtual machine and may cause some problems, so we don't recommend you to install in a virtual machine.
Reply View the author
Spectre
deepin
2014-07-30 01:40
I am also experiencing the Date issue and this install is not in VirtualBox...
DeepinScreenshot20140729052829.png
Reply View the author
Maggieszd
deepin
2014-07-30 19:42
Thanks for your report, maybe this is a bug and I just report to the concerned team, they will handle it ASAP.
Reply View the author