What video drivers should I use?
Tofloor
poster avatar
classl3ss
deepin
2014-07-27 13:15
Author
I am using a Geforce GTX 570.  I tried installing the nvidia drivers (331) which work on Ubuntu but they seem to break Deepin.  I would like to be able to play video games with up-to-date graphics. What drivers should I use?

Thank you for your help!
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
Adjan
deepin
2014-07-27 16:07
No matter how hard I tried, drivers seem to be locked by devs. Even if there was a workable driver, you cant install it.
Reply View the author
classl3ss
deepin
2014-07-27 16:25
I did succesfully install nvidia 331.

The problem was that after I did, then restarted, video games and the like ran more smoothly, and I varified that 331 was running through terminal, but then the control center stopped working and eventually I couldn't boot at all.
Reply View the author
classl3ss
deepin
2014-07-27 16:25
I had to reinstall deepin and go from scratch.
Reply View the author
Adjan
deepin
2014-07-27 16:42
Yea, this is why the devs have tried to lock updating the drivers.
Reply View the author
Maggieszd
deepin
2014-07-28 20:33
QML is incompatible with NVIDIA closed source drive (proprietary drive), which will cause failure to QT5 program. So it's not our problem on compatibility.
Reply View the author
classl3ss
deepin
2014-07-29 06:11
QML is incompatible with NVIDIA closed source drive (proprietary drive), which will cause failure to QT5 program. So it's not our problem on compatibility.

I appreciate you responding, Maggieszd.  But that wasn't really my question.  I was asking which drivers should I use? Are the nouveau drivers my best bet?
Reply View the author
Maggieszd
deepin
2014-07-29 19:00
What you currently used is Geforce card, you should install the drive used for Geforce card. Drives contain open source drive and closed source drive, but because we are using QML which conflicts to nvidia drive. Drive is built-in our OS, so you do not need to install any drive.
Reply View the author