deepin store won't install firefox
Tofloor
poster avatar
arjay1
deepin
2014-07-29 09:22
Author
Just installed Deepin 2014 - looks very nice so far.  However, I cannot install Firefox via deepin store.  It just says "download failed".  tried about 10 times.  I have been able to install other software like Filezilla - just not Firefox.

Help please?
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
Maggieszd
deepin
2014-07-29 18:42
Please execute the following command in terminal:
  1. sudo apt-get install firefox
Copy the Code
Reply View the author
arjay1
deepin
2014-07-29 22:43
Please execute the following command in terminal:
Copy the Code

Thank you for your reply.  Just for your information - this does not work unless you update first:
  1. sudo apt-get update
Copy the Code
then
Copy the Code

I could not see any place in Deepin Store to update first.  I wonder how someone who does not know how to use a linux terminal will be able to download some software?
Reply View the author
Spectre
deepin
2014-07-30 01:24
I could not see any place in Deepin Store to update first.  I wonder how someone who does not know how to use a linux terminal will be able to download some software?
To up Update the Package List in the Deepin Store click on the down arrow in the upper right hand corner of the Deepin Store...
DeepinScreenshot20140729051540.png
Reply View the author
arjay1
deepin
2014-07-30 01:27
Thanks - did not find that one!.

By the way - downloads are very sloooow - between 45-85 kb/sec. Took 15 minutes just to update the package list and then download Firefox!  I am used to 400 kbps.  Do you have another server which is faster?
Reply View the author
Spectre
deepin
2014-07-30 01:44
Thanks - did not find that one!.

By the way - downloads are very sloooow - between 45-85 kb/sec. Took 15 minutes just to update the package list and then download Firefox!  I am used to 400 kbps.  Do you have another server which is faster?
This should help...
http://www.linuxdeepin.com/forum/8/23373?#p104521
Reply View the author
arjay1
deepin
2014-07-30 01:54
Great link - many thanks.  Speeds now between 300-600 kbps.  If only you could help with my other question about setting up dual monitors (he he)
Reply View the author
Spectre
deepin
2014-07-30 02:15
Great link - many thanks.  Speeds now between 300-600 kbps.  If only you could help with my other question about setting up dual monitors (he he)
Unfortunately I am running Deepin on a laptop and it only has integrated Intel graphics.

I have not had a chance to try connecting another Monitor to it yet to see how it works in Deepin 2014.
Reply View the author
arjay1
deepin
2014-07-30 02:23
No worries - someone else might be able to help with the post about dual monitors.
Reply View the author
masonf
deepin
2014-07-30 10:44
I, too, had trouble with the Deepin Store and installing Firefox. I followed the directions here and was successful. However, other attempts to download and install software using the Deepin Store have been a mess. How does a download speed of 1.44KB/s sound? That was after I selected a US mirror.

I am new to Linux and right now I'm testing both Linux Mint 17 and Deepin 2014 (both installed on hard drives). I'm very interested in Deepin's approach, but the design and performance of the Deepin Store is extremely disappointing.

What does the "Not Found" under the star rating mean? The store couldn't find the package? What? It makes no sense -- without more information.
Reply View the author
Maggieszd
deepin
2014-07-30 18:42
Q1: Please select the fastest mirror in the option of Deepin Store to solve the problem of low speed.
Q2: Please set the display mode in Control Centre for dual monitors.
Reply View the author