how to set up dual monitors? (SOLVED)
Tofloor
poster avatar
arjay1
deepin
2014-07-29 22:47
Author
I use two monitors on my system, running from one nvidia graphics card.

I see that you do not support proprietary nvidia drivers..  These are normally what I use to run two monitors.  Can you please explain what drivers you use (like nouveau etc).  Also - how do I set up dual monitors in Deepin?  I have looked in Display in Control Centre, but there does not appear to be an option to activate both monitors as Twinscreen.

Thanks
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
Maggieszd
deepin
2014-07-30 19:44
Please set in the display module of Control Centre for dual monitors.
Reply View the author
arjay1
deepin
2014-07-31 08:15
Thanks for replying.  I have tried several times to find an option to enable dual monitors in the Display Module of Control Centre but do not see it. After hours of trying I finally found that you have to click edit under one of the screens in the Display module, then double click on the drawing of the screen.  This produces another diagram of a large screen with two small ones inside it. I then had to drag the two screens around until they were side by side.

There is nothing in the Display module that tells you to do all this and the Words "Enable multiple monitors" or Enable Dual monitors" do not appear anywhere.  I am an expert Linux user with ten years experience.  I design websites and write my own code.  If I can't see how to enable dual monitors easily I doubt most users would be able to find out how.

I suggest you explain this to the developers and have them design a simple icon under Display that says "Enable multiple monitors".  Clicking on this icon would call up an "Advanced Display Module" that shows the multiple screens with the advice to drag each monitor to the required position (above each other or side-by-side) and save settings.

Regards

Richard
Reply View the author
Maggieszd
deepin
2014-07-31 19:39
Richard, thanks very much for your advice and support.
We will improve this function ASAP and you can use keyboard shortcut " super+p" to switch dual monitors.
Reply View the author
briancb
deepin
2016-01-12 07:40
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/23604
Richard, thanks very much for your advice and support.
We will improve this function ASAP and you ca ...

There is no way that you can set up dual monitors. After installing Nvidia driver you only get one screen in control center. I have no edit underneath the one screen as suggested by Richard.
Reply View the author