Changing Icons doesn't seem to work
Tofloor
poster avatar
masonf
deepin
2014-07-31 23:20
Author
When I first saw the 2014 icons spread across the dock, I cringed. I liked the 2013 icons just fine, but the new ones seem cartoonish and silly and what I'd expect to see on a young child's computer. In exploring the Control Center I found a ridiculously large assortment of icon styles and/or colors, and I was relieved. The only problem is I can't get the icons to change. I assumed that a simple mouse click would select the new choice and when I did that the new icons were highlighted in the Control Center. But nothing changed on the desk top. I played around with double clicking and dragging, but nothing seems to work. I tried logging out and back in -- no change. I tried restarting -- no change.

My initial relief that I would be able to change the icons has given way to utter despair. How much longer can I go on having to look at those ridiculous little cartoons? I'll never be able to take Deepin seriously if I can't remove the offending blots on an otherwise very fine desk top.

I'll make a deal with you, I'll persevere if you will either tell me what I'm doing wrong or fix the bug that prevents my changing the icons. Hurry, I can't last long.
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
Maggieszd
deepin
2014-08-01 01:46
The function of changing icon will be completed soon, please wait for a moment.
Reply View the author
masonf
deepin
2014-08-01 09:24
Dear Maggieszd, thank you for your prompt reply. I'm glad to hear that this is a detail that is not yet completed. Of course I can wait for the Deepin team to complete this feature and make it available.

Now, can you tell me how to find the screensaver setting in Deepin 2014? I notice the screen turns off after being idle for a short period of time, but I can't find the setting anywhere in the Control Center, which is, incidentally, a great design -- I don't want to sound only negative -- Deepin, when the bugs are worked out and all the features made available, will be the best Linux desktop environment by far.
Reply View the author
Maggieszd
deepin
2014-08-01 18:32
Sorry, this is no screensaver setting in Deepin 2014. If necessary, you can install by yourself. But we do not recommend because screensaver may bring harm to LCD screen.
Reply View the author