Change language keyboard shortcut
Tofloor
poster avatar
TechnewzGR
deepin
2014-08-09 11:21
Author
Hello, today i have try for the first time deepin linux and i am very pleased , the only problem is that i do not know how to change keyboard language via shortcut.

My native language is Greek so i must change between English and Greek very often, until now i change language via settings.

Could you help me please ?
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
TechnewzGR
deepin
2014-08-09 14:00
Ok i find by my own it is super + space
Reply View the author
ahmadmustafa
deepin
2014-08-12 01:19
hi
I'm having the same problem, except that "Super + Space" doesn't do the job here.. it's not defined in the "Keyboard Shortcuts" section.

I followed the instructions here --> http://pingvinoff.net/2014/06/18/change ... ux-deepin/

it works in the currently running session but once i reboot it vanishes.
p.s: I followed all of the instruction including creating a .desktop file with the given instructions, still, nothing happens.

any directions on how to fix it please ?
Reply View the author
Feng Yu
deepin
2014-08-12 06:44
hi
I'm having the same problem, except that "Super + Space" doesn't do the job here.. it's not defined in the "Keyboard Shortcuts" section.

I followed the instructions here --> http://pingvinoff.net/2014/06/18/change ... ux-deepin/

it works in the currently running session but once i reboot it vanishes.
p.s: I followed all of the instruction including creating a .desktop file with the given instructions, still, nothing happens.

any directions on how to fix it please ?
You may get/or set your shortcut via your input method, maybe it's ibus or other. I remember that ibus can set it's shortcut.
Reply View the author
ahmadmustafa
deepin
2014-08-13 04:27
sorry if the question seemed foolish, but I don't know what is IBus.. I googled it but most of the results were just about how to use it and I don't even know how to access it.

In the attached picture i only have "none" as an option for the "keyboard input method system", so am I supposed to get it installed ?
Reply View the author
Feng Yu
deepin
2014-08-13 05:53
sorry if the question seemed foolish, but I don't know what is IBus.. I googled it but most of the results were just about how to use it and I don't even know how to access it.

In the attached picture i only have "none" as an option for the "keyboard input method system", so am I supposed to get it installed ?
Sorry, I misunderstand you. I thought that you want to type the non-English characters by using input method.
Reply View the author
Maggieszd
deepin
2014-08-14 23:09
Sorry, this may be bug, we will test and fix ASAP.
Reply View the author
jcoles
deepin
2014-10-20 03:13
I can select the IBus for "keyboard input method system" and Super-Space brings up a language change menu (English (US) or Pinyin), but changing the language makes no difference at all! Pinyin input method is never activated. I'm not sure if my problem is exactly the same as ahmadmustafa's. Should I start a separate thread?
Reply View the author
Maggieszd
deepin
2014-10-21 01:24
Sorry, we do not support IBus. You can use  fcitx instead.
Reply View the author
jcoles
deepin
2014-10-23 17:25
I tried removing IBus and installing all the fcitx packages I could find. Still it's not possible to choose PinYin input. Is there a How-to document somewhere? I had no idea it would be this complicated.
Reply View the author
Maggieszd
deepin
2014-10-23 23:04
Please execute the following command in terminal:
  1. sudo apt-get install fcitx-sogoupinyin -y
Copy the Code

then enter launcher to search "Sogo" and right- click on the Sogo icon to add it in the startup item.
Reply View the author
desipenguin
deepin
2014-10-31 21:36
I also have same problem.

ibus
ibus-m17n (for Marathi/devnagari input)

For me, the (default) kbd shortcut is Control+space, not Super+space
The language is changed (as shown by ibus indicator app) - but I continue to see english text
(Tried gedit, chrome gmail compose window etc.)

Interestingly - Only gvim "command mode" seems to reflect devnagari characters (but they are not valid vim commands, but that is besides the point)
Even gvim "insert" mode reflects normal/english characters.

I would have tried fcitx - but apparently that isn't working either.

How-to document would be indeed useful
Reply View the author
Maggieszd
deepin
2014-10-31 21:40
please try sogo
Reply View the author
desipenguin
deepin
2014-10-31 21:45
I tried Marathi keyboard already supported in Deepin
It kinda works - but the input method is KaPaGa.

ibus-m17n on the other hand has itrans (which is what I was using) and phonetic variations which makes typing devnagari easy.

Is there a way to add additional keyboard layouts, and then select them from the control panel ? I think that would work best for me.

I'll also try Sogo and fcitx
Reply View the author
Maggieszd
deepin
2014-11-01 01:43
Firstly, enter the keyboard and language module in Control Center. Click "reset" in the upper right corner, and choose the layout you want.  Then select this layout as the primary keyboard layout.

If it still does not work, please execute " setxkbmap -query" in terminal, and paste the output information.
Reply View the author
desipenguin
deepin
2014-11-02 03:39
These instructions do not help. These instructions allow only to add the keyboard layout from the list of layout already available.
My question is :
If my keyboard layout is not listed - then can I install that ? (If yes, How ?) so that it is available for selection via Control Center
Reply View the author
desipenguin
deepin
2014-11-02 03:41
BTW - if it helps

I tried iBus method on Deepin 2014.1 Live boot session. It works.
My current version is Deeping 2014 (not 2014.1) and I have done "sudo apt-get upgrade" when 2014.1 was made available. But iBus method doesn't work for me
Reply View the author
Maggieszd
deepin
2014-11-04 19:14
If your keyboard layout is not listed, please execute the following command in terminal:
  1. man xkeyboard-config
Copy the Code
what listed in this can be selected and used, and you can use setxkbmap to set.

By the way, we will provide a configuration file for user custom in future.
Reply View the author