Get Splash But Won't Load System
Tofloor
poster avatar
james0658
deepin
2014-08-13 10:15
Author
Hello I just installed Linux Deepin 2014 and when booting I get the Deepin splash screen but the system won't load I installed this on my hdd and also my external hdd and both the same problem.

I have a few different partitions on my system and installed everything correctly as I am not new to installing systems.  But for some reason Deepin just does not want to boot.  I've used a USB stick using Unetbootin and also Legacy mode (DVD) and still the same thing.  

I've never had this issue before with any other system.  And just to test my theory I installed Elementary OS Freya which is still in Beta on the exact same partition and it boots just fine.

So my question is am I doing something wrong?  I've even tried redownloading it from sourceforge and through torrent.  Are your online images corrupt in some way?  If they are why can I still get to the installer screen?

Regards

Jeff Linux Turner
Youtube
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
safaariman
deepin
2014-08-14 05:57
Hello james0658,

Are you getting any error message after the splash screen? I am trying to understand what your problem exactly is because lots of thing can cause this.
Reply View the author
Maggieszd
deepin
2014-08-14 23:07
Is your graphic is N card, this is a problem of driver. If it is N card, I will give you a solution to  splash screen.
Reply View the author
james0658
deepin
2014-08-21 14:43
Hello james0658,

Are you getting any error message after the splash screen? I am trying to understand what your problem exactly is because lots of thing can cause this.

I get absolutely no error what so ever and it just hangs there on a black screen.  I have multiple partitions all the systems work perfectly except this one.  It runs fine on live boot and also Virtual Box. I use to have deepin 2014 installed on this system I can't figure out why this is happening now.  I thought it had something to do with the grub boot loader but if that was the case I wouldn't be able to see it in grub and load the system.
Reply View the author
sycyhy
deepin
2014-08-24 08:37
I got exactly the same problem. I can see splash normally, but after that i just got blank black screen with nothing on it. To be honest i'm pretty sure that system works it's just gui somehow wasn't loaded at all because if I try CTRL+ALT+DELETE i get again splash of DeepIn which you got when you shutdown system.

My gfx card is nvidia 780gtx
Reply View the author
Maggieszd
deepin
2014-08-25 18:57
@sycyhy
We don't recommend you to install nvidia  card.
Because QML is incompatible with NVIDIA closed source drive (proprietary drive), which will cause failure to QT5 program.
Reply View the author