More of a bug report than asking for help...
Tofloor
poster avatar
masonf
deepin
2014-08-19 21:35
Author
Hi,

It seems like the Deepin Team has made some real progress in the last couple of weeks, but Deepin still isn't stable enough for me to recommend it to friends who would be seeing Linux for the first time.

Recently, I've noticed that when I put the "calculator" on the dock, the icon disappears after some time passes, but Deepin still considers it pinned to the dock. If I unpin it and then re-pin it, the icon appears again, but only temporarily. My dock currently shows 18 icons when the calculator is visible, so it seems like it should hold more, that is, it's not a problem caused by a "full" dock.

This isn't a big problem, but it should be fixed at some point.

And, one of the 18 icons shows the "Deepin" lower case "d," but when I move the mouse pointer over it, it becomes blank and clicking on it does nothing. Right-clicking also has no effect. Wait, I take that back. Right-clicking on it makes the "d" disappear...Wait, again. It keeps changing. Sometimes disappearing, sometimes not. It doesn't make any sense. What is this icon and why is it taking up space on the dock?
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
Chdslv
deepin
2014-08-19 23:04
I would like to know how to move/change icon positions on this dock.  
Also, how to open Nautilus as root? gksudo nautilus in Terminal doesn't work.
Reply View the author
Maggieszd
deepin
2014-08-20 01:40
@masonf, I have informed our QA team to test this problem, please wait for a short time.

@Chdslv, sorry, we can not move/change icon positions on this dock currently.
Please execute the command interminal :
sudo nautilus
to resolve your problem of “gksudo nautilus in Terminal doesn't work.”
Reply View the author
taoufikkazay
deepin
2014-08-20 02:18
hi guys i would now how to install a 3g modem on linux deepin please its important
Reply View the author
Chdslv
deepin
2014-08-20 08:50
@Please execute the command interminal :
[quote]sudo nautilus
to resolve your problem of “gksudo nautilus in Terminal doesn't work.”[/quote]

Thanks! Nautilus opened in root mode.

One more question; how to make this page http://start.linuxdeepin.com/index.en.html open web pages in another tab, rather than on top of it, with the left click? It can be done with the right click, though.
Reply View the author
Maggieszd
deepin
2014-08-20 18:06
@taoufikkazay Sorry, the function of 3g modem is in testing, please wait for a short time.
Reply View the author
Maggieszd
deepin
2014-08-20 18:19
@Chdslv, please press "ctrl" + right click to open web pages in another tab.
Reply View the author