How to change the icon set?
Tofloor
poster avatar
rocasam
deepin
2014-08-30 06:21
Author
In the control panel there is the option to change the icons set. But when I click on another set nothing changes, the panel icons remain the deepin themed icons. I don't see a save option, right mouse button does nothing and double left click neither. Am I doing something wrong or does this not work?

Any help is appreciated :-)

Mike
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
masonf
deepin
2014-08-31 00:24
I wish I could help you, but when I downloaded and installed Deepin 2014.1, nothing changed. Now, I am wondering if I even got 2014.1 when I downloaded it from Sourceforge. The download says Deepin 2014.1, but in another thread different "modes" of the dock are mentioned and I don't see anything like that on my computer. When I check system information it says Deepin Edition: 2014 -- no mention of the point 1.

I really can't believe all the trouble this distro is having.
Reply View the author
rocasam
deepin
2014-08-31 03:16
There do seem quite to be quite a few points to improve or even enable in the distro. I went back to Mint in the end. But if everything in Deepin becomes operational I'll be back.
Reply View the author
Maggieszd
deepin
2014-09-01 21:30
Many bugs have been fixed in Deepin2014.1. Right click on the panel, you can select which mode you want, such as fashion mode, efficient mode or classic mode.
Reply View the author
masonf
deepin
2014-09-03 13:59
Maggieszd,

A while back I asked you about changing the icon set in Deepin 2014. You said to wait. This thread asked about changing the icon set, but your only response was to explain how to change the dock mode -- a very different thing.

Will we be able to change the icon set anytime soon? There are sixteen sets of icons in the Personalization section of the Control Center, but only the 2014 set currently works. When can we expect this feature to be activated?
Reply View the author
mimoccc
deepin
2014-09-15 17:41
icons for desktop are generated in js file, just change this file or icons theme hardly in js or css. This is no nautilus desktop, they use webkit... Well, also nautilus is running as desktop manager, but... Somehow they does not realy keep it working propertly...
Therefore also icons on desktop are missing
Reply View the author