Can I change the order of the icons?
Tofloor
poster avatar
rocasam
deepin
2014-09-12 18:30
Author
@stevedude
Sorry, maybe I did not explain clearly last time.
You can reorder icons in the front of network icon. The icons behind network icon (Trash, Clock, Deepin Tray bar,  Sound, disk and network)  is locked now and you can not move them, but we will unlock them according to our developing progress in future. The exact time is unable to say. Please understand.
Thanks very much!
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
rocasam
deepin
2014-08-30 06:26
I would like to change the order of the icons in the panel (bottom), the will not be dragged and I do not see any option when right clicking the panel. Also, when I set the panel to efficient mode there is quite a lot of space betwee the icons. Can I somehow narrow that space?

Any help is appreciated :-)

Mike
Reply View the author
c***v@gmail.com
deepin
2014-08-30 08:38
This is the biggest problem Deepin 2014 has, which it didn't have in Deepin 2013. This is not getting better, but getting worse. It would be nice, if the developers would give back the old panel.
Try Salent OS. It has Openbox, Tint2 and its still Ubuntu 14.04.
Reply View the author
c***v@gmail.com
deepin
2014-08-30 22:00
Well, there is a way of changing the order of icons in the panel, i.e, change to the classic mode and undock the icons you want to move to a different position, and then open the apps you in the order you want them on the panel, and dock them. This might work with the "efficient mode" too.
Reply View the author
rocasam
deepin
2014-08-31 03:12
Yes, in the end I removed all the icons and remembered the order I wanted them in before docking them again. A workaround but a pity it has to be done this way.
Reply View the author
c***v@gmail.com
deepin
2014-08-31 11:12
Yes, its a pity!
I wanted Deepin 2014, because I liked Deepin 2013, which was much better than this. If I go away from this, I won't download the next Deepin release.
Reply View the author
masonf
deepin
2014-08-31 17:21
Mike, How do you set the "panel" (do you mean "dock"?) to the "efficient mode? One of the Deepin people said there were going to be different dock "modes" in 2014.1, but 2014.1 looks exactly like 2014 to me. When I look in the Control Center there is still a long menu of icon sets, but only the 2014 set works. And I don't see anything about different modes for the dock.

If you can explain how you change dock modes, I'd appreciate it, because I don't see that option anywhere on my Deepin installation.

(As near as I can tell, 2014.1 hasn't fixed anything. I tried installing it two different ways -- once with an upgrade in Terminal and then with a download and full installation from the LIVE DVD. Everything looks -- and worse, acts -- just like 2014.)
Reply View the author
hargus
deepin
2014-08-31 22:03
hello,
the problem can be solved simply with the program open click on the right button on the icon of the same dock and undock escolendo and he will be free to place buttons to move, so you put in place and Deois right and fit.
Reply View the author
Maggieszd
deepin
2014-09-01 21:28
Many bugs have been fixed in Deepin2014.1. Right click on the dock, you can select which mode you want, such as fashion mode, efficient mode or classic mode.
Reply View the author
codyproxy
deepin
2014-09-06 09:10
So... is there a fix for this? I tried fashion mode, efficient mode and classic mode but i couldn't reorder the icons on the dock in a normal way.
Reply View the author
stevedude
deepin
2014-09-10 12:28
Hmmm - I never played around with this until you mentioned it in the forum. What I did was right-click and "undock" an icon. As an example, I added Terminal to my dock. I undocked terminal, used Launcher to view my program icons that are installed and found Terminal, left-clicked the icon and held and dragged it into a new position.

I seems like the system icons on the far right (Trash, Clock, Deepin Tray bar thingy, and Sound are immovable, but anywhere to the left of those, I was able to place the terminal icon.

I also upgraded to the latest Deepin that provides Fashion/Efficienct/Classic modes, but have no idea if that makes a difference.
Reply View the author
Maggieszd
deepin
2014-09-10 18:51
The function to reorder icons is not provided in other dock modes except fashion mode, but we will add it in future.
Reply View the author
codyproxy
deepin
2014-09-12 08:19
Ah i see, the 'undocking and then docking at at the right position by dragging it from the Launcher'  worked. Thanks! Still it would be nice to be able to drag it around after it's docked, like just being able to drag them if you hold the mouse.

I also noticed that a java based program (phpstorm) i had docked shows the tooltip 'java' instead of 'phpstorm'. But maybe that should be in a new topic.
Reply View the author