Deepin 2013 question
Tofloor
poster avatar
jeffneedle
deepin
2014-10-10 00:57
Author
1.  I'm using English, a standard English keyboard.
2.  I don't use input method.
3.  When I type into a document in Deepin, there is no problem.  The problem is displaying text that comes to me -- emails, web pages, etc.

To be clear, I can type into LibreOffice, whatever, and it's fine.  But when text comes to me in ANY format -- email, web page, etc. -- the problem is there.

I hope this helps.
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
jeffneedle
deepin
2014-10-01 09:49
Well, installing Deepin on a new box, and grabbing the 2013 install by mistake, I was blown away by the gorgeous desktop.  Sigh.  I wish I could get that appearance in the updated Deepin.

The weather app is great -- appears on the desktop automatically.  But the units are Celcius instead of Farenheit.  I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the units.  Does anyone here have a memory as to how to change it?

Thanks.
Reply View the author
Maggieszd
deepin
2014-10-08 21:52
We recommend you to install Deepin 2014.1.
Reply View the author
jeffneedle
deepin
2014-10-09 11:13
Thanks.  I'm waiting for Deepin to FINALLY fix the problem with apostrophes -- adding a space after the apostrophe, both apostrophe and space treated as a single character.  Messes up everything.  I edit book reviews, and this problem has made me dump Deepin for now.  I'd LOVE to come back -- it's one of the nicer distros.  But until the team gets this repaired, I have to return to Mint.
Reply View the author
Maggieszd
deepin
2014-10-09 22:57
For the problem with apostrophes -- adding a space after the apostrophe
1. Please tell me which language you used and what's your keyboard layout.
2. Do you use input method ? what's your input method ?
3. Which software you used to input characters with this problem?
Reply View the author