[Solved] Shockwave Crashes
Tofloor
poster avatar
tf55337
deepin
2014-10-17 13:15
Author
Hello,

While using Chrome certain webpages are continuously crashing with Chrome telling me that Shockwave needs to restart or to reload the page.  I also have Firefox installed and there isn't an issue when using it to view the same pages.  Is there a problem with Chrome or with Deepin?

Any help will be appreciated!
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
Maggieszd
deepin
2014-10-21 01:37
Please send us which webpage you have this problem.
Reply View the author
tf55337
deepin
2014-10-22 11:18
The site I visit most that has had the issue is:

http://www.bloomberg.com/tv/

The other sites (which I unfortunately do not have in my history) are all like sites in which they are news sites and have a video component.
Reply View the author
Maggieszd
deepin
2014-10-22 22:41
It is the flash component problem in chrome. Sorry we can not solve, maybe you can report a bug to chrome.
Reply View the author
tf55337
deepin
2014-10-23 11:47
I will do that.  It seems kind of strange that I'm using the same version of Chrome on two other machines; one with Ubuntu 14.04 Unity and the other with Ubuntu 14.04 Gnome; without any issue whatsoever.

Thanks for the direction.
Reply View the author
tf55337
deepin
2014-10-25 12:00
I posted my issue on a Google Chrome forum and got some direction from some helpful folks.  Per the forum, I uninstalled Chrome and the supplied Flash component from Deepin.  I then installed Chromium from the Deepin Store along with Pepper-Flash Non-Free.  I tested the new Chromium install which worked great.  I then installed Firefox from the Deepin Store and tested both browsers and both worked great!

My understanding from the Chrome Forum is that there can be arguments with the installed Flash component that comes with Chrome especially when you install another browser as I did.

Hopefully this will help other users and the Deepin Team!
Reply View the author