Dock keeps lagging/crashing
Tofloor
poster avatar
Sojiro84
deepin
2015-01-20 14:19
Author
Anyone else experience this?

My dock tends to lagg or crash at times. Usually it laggs. A great example for me to force a lagg is to start up the Skype app. After Skype is loaded it hangs for a few seconds and then the taskbar icon appears in the dock (where running taskbar icons are kept in that special dock icon thingy).

Is it a issue on my end or does anyone else experience the same? Does the classic taskbar work better?
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
JLey
deepin
2015-08-17 05:12
Are you sure there's no malware on your system?  Have you checked your firewall logs?  Sounds like a UDP/TCP request flood.  It is possible to catch a virus from Skype.
Reply View the author
abercoque
deepin
2015-08-17 15:33
yeah sometimes dock response is not quick as it should, I  use the classsic on a little netbook, but I don t use skype, just qq and telegram.

What is your grapic card?
I has just installed a PPA in linuxdeepin 1014, trying to improve system graphics, but not sure to recommend it
Reply View the author
JLey
deepin
2015-08-17 17:46
I use fashion mode simply because it's different.  I use only stoack hardware, excluding the SSD.
Reply View the author
abercoque
deepin
2015-08-18 00:50
Edited by abercoque at 2015-8-17 16:58

In 2015 alpha seem dock works better.

Let's wait than deepin 2015 make the desktop more stable
Reply View the author
JLey
deepin
2015-08-18 04:10
Is there a set release date for Deepin 2015 or is it released when the testers all agree that its ready?

How is the testing process?  
Reply View the author
ranmaruhibikiya
deepin
2015-08-20 09:51
JLey, the fashion mode is working well for you?, I have a lot of problems with it, for example, when start the deepin music and want to switch between windows (can't click on any elements, I think the dock put an extra layer or something like that )
That only occurs with the fashion mode on my side.
Reply View the author
JLey
deepin
2015-08-20 11:19
Sorry, I use GMusicBrowser.  It has different modes to emulate other music players, including iTunes.  I also use Smart Hide.  I hate extra stuff on my screen.
Reply View the author