Touchscreen
Tofloor
poster avatar
alfreedogoomez
deepin
2015-01-26 16:23
Author
Hi there, people.
I have a former Windows 7 touch netbook (it has a keyboard but no mouse) to which I have installed Deepin.
The thing is everything works just fine, but whenever I try to use "the right button click", no contextual menu appears...
On Windows 7, just pressing and holding my finger on something did what a "right click button" is supposed to do.

I appreciate your help. Or a workaround.
Don't be simplistic with using a mouse, for I don't want to do that.

Thanx in advance...
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
alfreedogoomez
deepin
2015-01-26 16:25
I have just discovered that "press and hold" works all right on the chrome browser.
But it does not on the file manager, for instance.
Reply View the author
Kaabi
deepin
2015-01-27 23:12
Hi alfreedogoomez,

The best thing would be to submit a bug report at:
http://www.linuxdeepin.com/mantis

I believe that's the link.  To submit bugs/request features, that is the best way to reach the devs.  It's mostly users and moderators on the forums.

Cheers
Kaabi
Reply View the author
bunticlick
deepin
2015-01-28 18:28
At least in Gnome 3.14 you first have to realise that since there are no buttons on the screen you are in fact severly handycapped.
So in the Controlcenter you go to "Barrierefreiheit" (my Desktop is German but i think it's Accessibility in english versions) there is a "Klickassistant" setting that has to be switched ON - i think you also have to disable the Tastaturmaus (Keyboardmouse?). Doing this resulted in a right mouse button behaviour initiated by a long touch press.

Since you have Touchscreen - a few questions.

Have you found any working touch gestures in Deepin?
How does the dock/startbar behave with touch?
Is there any hotcorner or edge swiping possible (to envoke the control panel for instance)?

The overall visual presentation would lend itself quite niely to touch i think.
Reply View the author