Deepin 2014.2 freezes - Howto enable Debug info for Develpers?
Tofloor
poster avatar
omelette
deepin
2015-04-17 09:15
Author
Much as I'd like to switch from Ubuntu 10.04 to Deepin 2014.2, it has a fatal bug that currently renders it unusable as a viable alternative.

The problem, although I can leave Deepin running for days without experiencing issues, very often while using the mouse (wireless) - playing Mahjongg for instance -  the mouse pointer will suddenly freeze, followed by the keyboard, rendering the whole system unusable.  If there is also an application playing music when this happens, it will continue to play, so it is not a complete system-lockup.  Pushing the Power Off button of the computer is not even detected, forcing me to run off the pc entirely!  This happens quite often - at least 10 times so far - and for a Linux setup is unacceptable.

Has anyone else come across this already, and is there any debug info that I could post that would give the Developers a means of fixing this problem?

This never happened with Deepin 2012, so I am assuming that this bug has something to do with the new Desktop that's in use.

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
m***o@gmail.com
deepin
2015-04-18 01:32
Interesting question.
Maybe could be profitable to upgrade Kernel to 4.0 version to solve some bugs.
But I'm interested to active a debug mode, too.
Reply View the author
omelette
deepin
2015-05-06 04:22
Through a process of elimination, namely replacing the current repository version of gnome-mahongg with a really old, but infinitely more playable 2.30.0 Ubuntu Lucid version, I have eliminated Deepin as being responsible for the above crashes.

Not only have the gnome-mahjongg 'Developers' ruined the game, they also managed to program something that can crash Linux!  They better not give up their day-jobs...
Reply View the author
cxbii
deepin
2015-05-06 19:32
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/30140
[3] Detailed Description
The more detailed the description is, the more helpful it is for others to help you solve your problems. Of course, the description need to be valid.  
First of all, you need to provide the following information:
A description of the problem:
Steps of reproducing the problem:
Frequency of occurrence of the problem:
Other basic information:

On other basic information, you can use the collecting tool of system information that comes with the system. The method is opening the terminal by right clicking on the desktop and then running the following command:   
  1. sudo deepin-bug-reporter
Copy the Code

When the terminal prompts you to enter a password, please touch type the current account and password and press “Enter”. You can finish collecting the information after waiting a moment.
You only need to upload the zipped package files generated in the home directory to the post.
Now, we do not provide Debug mode, but you can provide usable information.

Reply View the author