Recovery-mode problem...
Tofloor
poster avatar
omelette
deepin
2015-05-06 04:33
Author
Whenever I try to boot Deepin in recovery-mode, I first see the usual debug info being printed on the screen, then nothing, as if it's waiting for something.  It never manages to produce a terminal,  so recovery mode (for me) doesn't work at all!!!  This has been the situation across several kernel updates, so it does not seem to be kernel-related.  Has anyone come across this?

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
cxbii
deepin
2015-05-06 19:26
Maybe it's just a warning message, You do not have to worry about.
Reply View the author
omelette
deepin
2015-05-07 00:46
Edited by omelette at 2015-5-6 16:48

When you start in 'recovery-mode', you boot to a terminal session where you can then carry out repairs (if you know what you are doing!) on your Linux installation.

On my Deepin installation, I NEVER get this far.  It starts by booting 'normally', then freezes!  Whereas, in normal-mode, Deepin boots normally. Like I mentioned, this has been the case over at least the last three kernel versions.  Since I've been using Linux, I have never yet had a distro that refuses to boot in recovery-mode, but will boot in normal-mode without a problem.

What I don't understand is why no one else seems to suffer from this!?!?!?  Deepin 2012 didn't suffer from this problem on my hardware setup.
Reply View the author