Site Downloading and mirror issue. (Kmetadatatorrents)
Tofloor
poster avatar
JesseyLawson
deepin
2015-05-17 12:00
Author

I heard that LinuxDeepin 2014.3 came our a while ago and so far there are little to notorrents available. I  tried  downloading it from  thesite and Firefox told me it would take OVER 8 HOURS to downloadbecause it is so huge. I  tried looking for a torrent for it,but  a Google  search only brings up direct downloads anddistrowatch only has a 32bit torrent. I know you can upgrade from2014.2 to 2014.3, but we all know that is a long and painful processeven if you have a fast Ethernet connection as deepin only sees thechina servers out of the box and you have to do an upgrade for it tosee the American mirrors, witch is impossible to do on a publicconnection witch is all I have access to. I know I can't be the onlyone who does not have the speed or the time to download such a bigimage and we should not have to use a 32bit torrent when we all or ifnot most of us have 64bit systems. That is why I think it is highlyimportant that Deepin provides official torrents on the site.Allowing people to use a torrent to download Deepin will alloweveryone to use the latest release regardless of their financialstatus or Internet connection options.

sincerely,

JesseyLawson.

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
horvan
deepin
2015-05-18 02:15
Hey Jessy,

I am in germany and I had the same problem here. I solved it by using the sourceforge file storage of deepin.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/deepin/files/2014.3/

On sf.net you can choose the version you need depending on how much RAM you have inside your engine. most of us need 64 bit nowadays.

You can select a download mirror in your neighborhood, Take a look at the image below (right click/ Open in a new tab)

When you got to the downloadpage
Reply View the author
JesseyLawson
deepin
2015-05-20 14:50
dude who has time for a 5 Hour and 34 Min download. Most of the time I am at college or on the bus and I don't have the time. If deepin just made a torrent that people could use for an hour and a half for download and an hour or a half for seeding that would be reasonable, but 5 hours for USA users is not reasable. With Mint a torrent takes only and hour to download and three hours for me to fell good with seeding. With a torrent I can sit here for a few hours and pick back up where I was tomorrorw and if there is an connection issue I don't have to worry, unlike a direct download and I have no  clue about uget.
Reply View the author
JLey
deepin
2015-08-07 19:35
JesseyLawson, did you ever get a chance to download an ISO for Deepin?  
Reply View the author
cxbii
deepin
2015-08-12 06:22
Reply View the author
Linuxgamer94
deepin
2015-08-27 10:17
Reply View the author