How to change launcher on the dock bar and main apps menu
Tofloor
poster avatar
ejespino1127
deepin
2015-05-21 05:43
Author
URGENT ASSISTANCE NEEDED!!!

I installed Deepin on a Macbook and is almost working without problem. The only change that I urgently need to make is change the Chrome launcher in the dock bar and in the apps menus adding  to the launch command the following:"--disable-gpu".
Without the change requested in place the screen blackout randomly (the computer doesn't crash) making the computer unaccesible even with a external monitor connected!!!

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
m***o@gmail.com
deepin
2015-05-21 07:01
Hi, please write in an understandable english. If not, it is impossible to help you!
Reply View the author
picciottino
deepin
2015-05-22 02:13
The question is clear: he needs to create a custom launcher with a command like "chrome --disable-gpu" and put it in the dock as replacement to the standard chrome launcher (which I assume has got a simple "chrome" command)

Question is: where can he find the *.desktop file (or similar) that it is used in the launcher/dock and modify it?

Very useful question
Reply View the author
showman
deepin
2015-05-27 02:55
Hi, I may have the answer to your problem !
Rather than change your launcher, this could be a simple matter of changing your google chrome settings.

Go to settings in chrome (or type chrome://settings in address bar)
go to 'Show advanced settings' near bottom of page, and click.
scroll down to 'System' and untick (i.e. disable)  'Use hardware acceleration when available'
restart chrome

this may work (I have had a similar problem, and I found this solution on Ubuntu forums)

Reply View the author